Nico Williams

RicRic

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Did the stadium tour a few years back. The museum is quite interesting compared other football clubs

We played them in the first game they could raise the Basque flag after Franco's death

Fond memories of playing them in 97-98 Uefa cup. Their fans were brilliant home and away.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This. Another thread created fpr little reason and relegated to other football very quickly 

There's absolutely no way we are signing this player. At least not this pre season. I would far rather see threads created when there are several credible links. This hasn't even got one and never will.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

There's absolutely no way we are signing this player. At least not this pre season. I would far rather see threads created when there are several credible links. This hasn't even got one and never will.

Out of all the players we are linked with.. this definitely deserved a thread the most.. look how much links they are regarding him joining us and official links saying he is one of our top targets

• Like 1

On 19/06/2023 at 06:29, RicRic said:

Out of all the players we are linked with.. this definitely deserved a thread the most.. look how much links they are regarding him joining us and official links saying he is one of our top targets

Ok 

On 19/06/2023 at 00:29, RicRic said:

Top Targets, don't mean much, thats assuming even they are accurate.

Wait 'til the ink is dry, before Pissing our pants with excitement.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Top Targets, don't mean much, thats assuming even they are accurate.

Wait 'til the ink is dry, before Pissing our pants with excitement.

That could be true but then we would have to shut down all player threads if that be the case, then there would be no excitement or smoke until the actual fire

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Has he signed for someone yet?

The last story I saw claimed we were "closing in " on signing him.

He’s staying at Bilbao… certainly isn’t signing for us anyway! 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ffs.

Actually in the wrong thread.

Thought this was the Pau Torres thread!

It will be the same outcome for both players to be fair! Neither are coming to us 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RicRic said:

That could be true but then we would have to shut down all player threads if that be the case, then there would be no excitement or smoke until the actual fire

I agree......but all the more reason we should take things with a pinch of salt until its confirmed.

I am certainly no authority on proceedings, but I can only imagine, agents talk up their clients, for obvious reasons and media bods pick it up and run with it.....sparking rumours all over the place.

sure, we call it fun..............but thats all it is.

PS but the Nico Williams rumour is dead anyway...............I assume.

Edited by TRO

11 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Pretty sure Bilbao will push him out if he won't sign new deal. They aren't a club that can give up £40m.

I think it might be more a case of them explaining to him that if he really wants to move that Bilbao will let him, but they need to make a fee from it, whether by signing a new contract with lower buy out, or going this summer. 

Given how much the Williams' supposedly love the club, I doubt he'd want to shaft them by leaving on a free.

14 hours ago, TRO said:

I agree......but all the more reason we should take things with a pinch of salt until its confirmed.

I am certainly no authority on proceedings, but I can only imagine, agents talk up their clients, for obvious reasons and media bods pick it up and run with it.....sparking rumours all over the place.

sure, we call it fun..............but thats all it is.

PS but the Nico Williams rumour is dead anyway...............I assume.

Yeah we should always be cautious but look at some of our hype guys on YT like luke robinson for example (UTV PODCAST) Getting all excited and confirming in a dedicated video that we have bid for Nico and even myself thought that was a step too far because the bid didn’t seem that official to me…

but moreso there are plenty threads for players who have been slightly linked and probably shouldn’t exist. Nico has been heavily linked since jan , along with pau torres those are the two threads which show validity and enough substance to remain, if nico signs a new contract with bilbao then we can say its over which looks more likely now than before. 

Edited by RicRic

23 hours ago, RicRic said:

Yeah we should always be cautious but look at some of our hype guys on YT like luke robinson for example (UTV PODCAST) Getting all excited and confirming in a dedicated video that we have bid for Nico and even myself thought that was a step too far because the bid didn’t seem that official to me…

but moreso there are plenty threads for players who have been slightly linked and probably shouldn’t exist. Nico has been heavily linked since jan , along with pau torres those are the two threads which show validity and enough substance to remain, if nico signs a new contract with bilbao then we can say its over which looks more likely now than before. 

As you say, some try a bit harder than others( podcasts) but they don't really know anymore than we do.......However, Luke is a very nice guy when you meet him, Villa Crackers, and I guess he is just making a living having left his Hair Dressing job.

You have to watch these things, for entertainment purposes mainly.

I would hazard a guess, due to so many irons in fires....That even UE might not know, who is coming in......He will surely know who his targets are, but not necessarily, which deals will come off.....many factors are involved.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TRO said:

As you say, some try a bit harder than others( podcasts) they don't really know anymore then we do.......However, Luke is a very nice guy when you meet him, Villa Crackers, and I guess he is just making a living having left his Hair Dressing job.

I would hazard a guess, due to so many irons in fires....That even UE might not know, who is coming in......He will surely know who his targets are, but not necessarily, which deals will come off.....many factors are involved.

Yeah Luke looks a top guy all credit to him, and id be concerned if UE didn’t know who was coming in as id like him to be the one that starts up any transfer process as he should be identifying exactly who he wants unlike some other clubs that dont keep their head coach/managers in the loop.

I find contentment in the fact he signed mbappe for PSG and Martinelli/Saliba for Arsenal, its the latter you would say were Unai’s scouting intelligence team as i think PSG the franchise would probably have poached Mbappe. 

If the Nico Williams ship has sailed then who could we snap up that is just as efficient if not more than him, we need to forward players and i would have liked nico to be one of them. 

16 hours ago, RicRic said:

Yeah Luke looks a top guy all credit to him, and id be concerned if UE didn’t know who was coming in as id like him to be the one that starts up any transfer process as he should be identifying exactly who he wants unlike some other clubs that dont keep their head coach/managers in the loop.

I find contentment in the fact he signed mbappe for PSG and Martinelli/Saliba for Arsenal, its the latter you would say were Unai’s scouting intelligence team as i think PSG the franchise would probably have poached Mbappe. 

If the Nico Williams ship has sailed then who could we snap up that is just as efficient if not more than him, we need to forward players and i would have liked nico to be one of them. 

I meant until the deals are over the line....He might not know who is coming in.

I would think he has many lines of enquiry, so until the deals are completed, or advanced,  he might not know which of those lines will come to fruition.

Nico Williams deal, seems like a blind alley.

Edited by TRO

21 hours ago, TRO said:

As you say, some try a bit harder than others( podcasts) they don't really know anymore then we do.......However, Luke is a very nice guy when you meet him, Villa Crackers, and I guess he is just making a living having left his Hair Dressing job.

Yes it must be difficult making podcasts In the close season so he does transfer hub when there's so little transfer activity. Fair play to him, I think he's really good.

• Like 1

Â