Weekends Football 20/21 May

andykeenan

Just now, El Segundo said:

Without the pen last week we'd both have been +5.  We ended up +4, Spurs +6.  Currently 2 down to Brentford, so could end on +4 today as well.  They'll still be above us on goals scored.  

I thought you were including today's scoreline

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

There's an absolute bare minimum of 4 and a half minutes from goals and substitutions alone - and they usually add on a minute for a goal.

Easy to see why there'd be so much added time.

(Might have been an injury or VAR check too?  Dunno, I'm not watching)

Yeah but we get 3 minutes added on against wolves for 2 head injures + 6 substitutes?

Spurs also got an extra 2 minutes against us last week.

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

I thought you were including today's scoreline

I have included it.  last week finished Villa +4, Spurs +6.  If Spurs lose 3-1 they go level goal difference with us on +4,  Still above us on goals scored though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

if we can get a draw against liverpool, brighton beat southampton (to secure europa league) then we just need to beat brighton to get 7th.

It's not that complicated. Villa need 4 points to secure 7th. If they beat Spurs' GD, 3 points would be enough.

1 minute ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Yeah but we get 3 minutes added on against wolves for 2 head injures + 6 substitutes?

Spurs also got an extra 2 minutes against us last week.

Didn't watch the Wolves game, but it seems like that's the messed up one rather than either Spurs game.

The time against us was absolutely fine.

4 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

if we can get a draw against liverpool, brighton beat southampton (to secure europa league) then we just need to beat brighton to get 7th.

Why would you want Brighton to get any more points?

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

There's an absolute bare minimum of 4 and a half minutes from goals and substitutions alone - and they usually add on a minute for a goal.

If Liverpool are 1-0 up in the 90th minute today under the same scenario you think we get 9 mins?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

So then there should be 10 injury time then on eveey game based on that?

• Like 1

Â