Weekends Football 20/21 May

andykeenan

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The FA are such cheats banning Toney before this game even though he's injured anyway corrupt league ffs.

You’ve forgotten the game they threw against Brighton(3 incorrect Var decisions) so Tottenham could win.

They should only be on 54 points.

2 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

they will have absolutely nothing to play against us for on the final day.

That's where I am too, I don't want Brighton fighting for anything

As opposed to wanting Leeds clinging on for life next week vs spurs

Just now, villa4europe said:

If Liverpool are 1-0 up in the 90th minute today under the same scenario you think we get 9 mins?

No because they can't possibly be in the same scenario as a 1-0 scoreline doesn't mean 3 second half goals.

Do people really not understand how added time works?!

To be clear, Villa & Spurs are level on goal difference at +4. If Kane had not dived, Villa would be on +5. Spurs have scored far more goals. A draw with Liverpool would put us in the driving seat: beat Brighton to finish 7th.

Just now, villa4europe said:

If Liverpool are 1-0 up in the 90th minute today under the same scenario you think we get 9 mins?

Told my Liverpool mate, this'll be won in a dodgy decision. Had a fit at me, standard. 😂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We’d be ahead. They’d have one less and we’d have one more. 

We finished on +4.  Without the pen, that would be +5.

They finished on +6.  Without the pen, also +5.  

When I did Maths 5 was equal to 5, it wouldn't put us ahead.

Spurs just lost by 2 so now on +4.  We're still on +4 too.  Still doesn't put us ahead.  

Edited by El Segundo

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

So then there should be 10 injury time then on eveey game based on that?

If there's 6 stoppages for subs in the second half and 3 second half goals, each game should have at least (as in, at the very least) 4 minutes and 30 seconds added on.  Chances are that each substitution period won't "just" be 30 seconds, though, and each goal generally incurs an extra minute of added time due to celebrations etc.

You'd be looking at 6 minutes minimum based on today's second half.  I haven't been watching though, so no idea how long everything has taken.  That's literally the very least amount of time to be added.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

No because they can't possibly be in the same scenario as a 1-0 scoreline doesn't mean 3 second half goals.

Do people really not understand how added time works?!

Do you not understand how big team bias works?

Its a real thing

1 minute ago, El Segundo said:

Spurs just lost by 2 so now on -4.  We're still on -4 too.  Still doesn't put us ahead.  

To be clear, Villa & Spurs are level on goal difference at +4. If Kane had not dived, Villa would be on +5. Spurs have scored far more goals. A draw with Liverpool would put us in the driving seat: beat Brighton to finish 7th.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Told my Liverpool mate, this'll be won in a dodgy decision. Had a fit at me, standard. 😂

It almost definitely will

Klopps moan about refs has worked a treat, we lose today and it will be due to a ref / VAR decision

4 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

Spurs just lost by 2 so now on -4.  We're still on -4 too.  Still doesn't put us ahead.  

It was 2-1 to Brentford when I posted that. So Spurs would have 4 and us 5. 

When I did maths 5 was more than 4, it would put us ahead.

Edited by duke313

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

Yes sorry I meant we're both on +4 not -4

We want Brighton to lose as that gives us a chance of finishing above them, in fact if Brighton do lose that will gives us our best chance of getting Europe going into last game of the season because we would just have to beat them presuming they also lose to City, whereas to finish above Spurs, presuming we lose to Liverpool, we would still need to beat Brighton and hope that Spurs don't beat Leeds.

But most of all better for us for Brighton to lose as it still leaves us with a chance of top six, and we shouldn't be scared of playing them when they've got something to play for anyway

• Like 1

Â