Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

This is what Bardell has had to say on the matter...

I am sceptical of what some folk, say, when liasing with the club.

Some want VIP treatment, and when they don't get it, are miffed.

I am not saying that is the case with Dan, but it could be.

We have all heard players being castigated for not signing autographs, but we don't know, the things that might be on their mind.....we are too quick to jump to conclusions, is all.

6 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

This is what Bardell has had to say on the matter...

The interesting thing I took from this is that he mentions 18 months very definitively.  Which way pre-dates Heck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Two trains are driving toward one another. The first train leaves Town A at 5am traveling at 60 miles per hour. The second train leaves Town B at 7am traveling at 70 miles per hour. the distance between Town A and Town B is 455 miles.

What is the EXACT time that the collision will occur?

Not only am I clearly ITK but I'm also a 1%er

These dudes are wrong. Chaos ensues at 9:34:36am - Show your workings out.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am sceptical of what some folk, say, when liasing with the club.

Some want VIP treatment, and when they don't get it, are miffed.

I am not saying that is the case with Dan, but it could be.

We have all heard players being castigated for not signing autographs, but we don't know, the things that might be on their mind.....we are too quick to jump to conclusions, is all.

Let me repeat. Are you aware of any inside information that all of these allegations against heck are incorrect? If not, I suggest you read between the lines when people are trying to shine a light on what’s been going on and let things unfold. 

Edited by DakotaVilla

6 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

My experience of working in football is that the facts rarely come out as investigations are rarely independent (apart from examples like where Purslow got a barrister in to examine the claims of young-player bullying) and clubs will always have control of the narrative due to financial resources and use of non-disclosure agreements. This is why I'm siding with the workers.

I think you are right, in most cases of any type of large organisation......but does not automatically suggest they are right either.....but its your call.

I think your example of purslows, goes to show, its not just a one-way street).....

4 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Let me repeat. Are you aware of any inside information that all of these allegations against heck are incorrect? If not, I suggest you read between the lines when people are trying to shine a light on what’s been going on and let things unfold. 

I am aware of No information on this at all.

I don't read between lines.....I like to make my judgement on firm evidence.

I stress....I am impartial.

I understand your emotive stance.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Ive been hearing these whispers about heck since September. Have you heard anything from a trusted source to suggest that all of this is bullshit? If not, I’d suggest you wait for things to play out.

I worked in an organisation that got taken over a few years ago - what struck me is that the opinions of my colleagues on the new owners / leadership were massively different.  A lot of people who had worked there for a long time had very negative views about everything that the new owners did and in particular our new boss.  A lot of the newer staff had almost the exact opposite view and thought that the new owners and the boss were brilliant and that their opportunities had improved dramatically.  There were a few people in the middle who didn't have much of an impression either way.  It was also interesting how people would take exactly the same company decision and use it to reinforce their position.  If you didn't like the decision then it was used to show why you were right to be negative.  If you did like the decision then it was used to show why you were right to be positive.

So you'd have had a very, very different view on the new company depending on which colleagues were whispering to you and which you were listening more intently too.

I don't know enough people (any) who work at Villa in different roles to be able to assess whether there is any similarity here.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am aware of No information on this at all.

I don't read between lines.....I like to make my judgement on firm evidence.

I stress....I am impartial.

I understand your emotive stance.

I’m not emotive. I have information that you don’t. I understand your non-informed stance. 

• Like 2

In all honesty, I can understand some people not wanting to believe the rumors, because at the moment is it just that, there is no cold hard evidence. 

If it turns out to be people stirring the pot then I expect them to be found out soon

But there seems to be a hell of a lot of smoke, you don't get this much smoke without a fire. All this along with other people who have met him on here, some respected members of the forum in my eyes, makes me think there is more truth to this than lies.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, calcifer said:

In all honesty, I can understand some people not wanting to believe the rumors, because at the moment is it just that, there is no cold hard evidence. 

If it turns out to be people stirring the pot then I expect them to be found out soon

But there seems to be a hell of a lot of smoke, you don't get this much smoke without a fire. All this along with other people who have met him on here, some respected members of the forum in my eyes, makes me think there is more truth to this than lies.

Yeah this is the boat I'm in, way too much going around not to have some (leaning towards a lot of) truth.

Whether it is true or not it all adds to a rather large communication vacuum ever since Mr Heck became our supremo. The only certainty is that we have still got ambitious owners and a elite coach. Which balances out all of the other shite which has happened off the pitch since the summer.

• Like 2

Ok for all the doubters let me ask you this question in another way…

Considering we’ve had so many crap owners and so many crap execs in the last 50 years have you ever, ever seen this amount of “noise” about the behavior and integrity (not competence) of any one of them? 

• Like 3

I'm going to say this again as I feel it got lost earlier.

Ben Hatton is the ACTUAL Chief OPERATIONS Officer, meaning he will be the one hands on, and actually implementing things, and reporting to Heck.

Why is he not being equally scrutinised? Wouldn't he be the one more closely in contact with staff, delegation and " in the field " decisions etc?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

8 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Ok for all the doubters let me ask you this question in another way…

Considering we’ve had so many crap owners and so many crap execs in the last 50 years have you ever, ever seen this amount of “noise” about the behavior and integrity (not competence) of any one of them? 

I still remember the infamous letter was leaked supposedly by the players in summer 2006. Within a day O'Leary was thrown out of bodymoor quicker than you could say an honest bunch of lads.

Â