Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

2 hours ago, Hev said:

Purslow did a lot of good here i think Unfortunately a lot of fans never forgave him for hiring his supposed "mate" Stevie G. Would he come back though? 

He's happy being a good luck charm for us at London away games.

38 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

tbh, trying to disprove this using spelling & grammar as your weapon of choice is a bit on the reachy side imo.

I should add, I wasn't trying to disprove the content, just the way it was badged as something that was a collective output from all villa staff.

Even then, it could still be and maybe we just don't have grammar warriors working at the club.

Anyway, I'm really intrigued to see what, if anything, the club do about it. If any of it is true, you'd hope they will be turfing Mr. Heck out the door fairly quickly.

• Like 1

Someone broke cover to leak the crest and now someone has broken cover - at great risk to their job - to air very, very significant grievances that they did not feel comfortable raising through normal channels. Not all heroes wear capes. 

Edited by DakotaVilla

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

still wouldn't want the next man in to simply be someone who tells the fans what they want to hear and only does things to get fans onside and be popular.

That isn't what is going on here. Fans are recognised stakeholders in the club as per FA Rules. Club crests cannot be changed without consultation and approval from the FABs of clubs. That didn't happen as it should have done because Heck thought so little of the process, in fact he completely ignored the process and tried to impose it on the fans

• Like 3

Jamaican Villan, I am all for driving forward.  I feel we don't do enough to earn money on a match day. I want better restaurants at Villa, I want it to be a day out- you can go there, get some decent grub, a few drinks, enjoy watching the villa batter some other team and then wander over to the shop/museum/warehouse or whatever.

I want us to reach new fans globally. I want us to have millions on social media. 

What I don't want is to have our shiny new stand with all these things cancelled.  What I don't want is somebody saying the new badge fans wanted is crap amd then proceeding to deliver something even more crap than what we had previously!

I don't see how The Heck badge or telling us it was a bad idea to build a new stand has helped to drive us forward? I don't see ambition in what he has done

Does that make sense?

Edited by Captain_Townsend
Typos
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

That isn't what is going on here. Fans are recognised stakeholders in the club as per FA Rules. Club crests cannot be changed without consultation and approval from the FABs of clubs. That didn't happen as it should have done because Heck thought so little of the process, in fact he completely ignored the process and tried to impose it on the fans

Wasn't just referring to the crest to be fair, just meant in general.

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i dunno...

I'm put off by the fact that its so badly written and isn't a professional document so my starting point is that I don't trust things on the internet, the language and nature of it is emotive and speculative, for me id like some facts in there, appreciate the nature of this document and the sensitivity of it but there's next to nothing in the way of facts in there

"we have strong evidence that the "new" crest was designed in September 2023 long before the fan consultation" 

go on then....zero evidence stated or enclosed

no smoke without fire and all that but its wishy washy hearsay bollocks that should spark an investigation but as far as being any kind of evidence for anything sorry but that document is doing absolutely nothing 

It's not an official letter as part of an employee grievance process drafted by a solicitor, nor does it claim to be. It's written by someone who works at the club and doesn't want to get sacked, so is hoping social media pressure will get rid of heck instead of driving staff to quit the toxic environment.

It will be full of conjecture, as it represents one person's opinion, so I wouldn't get too hung up about evidence around the badge. This will probably be contained in various documents and emails anyway so isn't suitable to include in the letter. Also divulging the evidence may compromise the anonymity of the writer.

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

The new crest thing is pretty much all fact, it's nothing new, most of it was already out there

is it?

maybe I've just not spent enough time in the crest thread but I've not seen that tie

the all staff meeting where it was declared that shirt sales are negatively impacted by the crest? we've seen that? I'm sure we probably could fact check the sales being up year on year

to me personally in my line of work (quantity surveyor) if you sent that kind of wording out on a document with that kind of intention you would be absolutely hammered in response 

Just now, villa4europe said:

is it?

maybe I've just not spent enough time in the crest thread but I've not seen that tie

the all staff meeting where it was declared that shirt sales are negatively impacted by the crest? we've seen that? I'm sure we probably could fact check the sales being up year on year

to me personally in my line of work (quantity surveyor) if you sent that kind of wording out on a document with that kind of intention you would be absolutely hammered in response 

The tie thing isn't important, we know from what has happened at FABs that the correct process hasn't been followed, he's tried to bend what a consultation document says (in fact it says the opposite of what he's claimed), he's tried to get the new crest in without the approval of the fans and the FAB, which is again against the FA/Premier League  rules. Most of that is documented by Scot for VT and all the other FAB representatives. The tie, meh who cares if that tiny snippet is true or not, I sort of hop it is because its just more evidence of shat was already known and has been argued.

• Like 2

Â