Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

7 hours ago, FLVillan said:

Nike are the league-supplier for the NBA, ie they supply every team, as is the case with the NFL also.  Have been for about ten years, since they ditched Adidas.  So Heck didn't really have anything to do with that decision.  

Fanatics make the replica shirts for the NBA, and the NFL and indeed Aston Villa and seem to have some sort of input in design in at least some of those contracts - so at least they're a company that Heck is used to dealing with I guess.

36 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Not heard of Gymshark, probably because I’m nearly 40, but that could be cool to have a unique and original design and supplier.

I did actually think of Gymshark as well @Jas10, but had no idea the young owner was a Villa fan!

They make serious money, bloke is a hell of a success story.

They started as a small, independent fitness brand and absolutely exploded.

Still minnows relative to the massive companies though ( Estimated revenue of 500 mill per year ) but I think are Cash rich.

Bloke being a Villa fans would surely boost this.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Oh right, thanks for informing and correcting me. Like I said, I don’t have a clue - I just listened to a podcast 😂

I was just joking around but I have a bigger problem with “soccer” than anything else they come out with..

they call a sport that is predominantly played with the hands “football” while calling a sport that is predominantly played with the feet “soccer”… huh?

😵‍💫

Just to be a geek - sports like American football, rugby football etc are called football as they are played on foot rather than horseback. Doesn't necessarily relate to the appendages used to control the ball.

Don't ask why this doesn't include things like basketball, netball etc. 🥴

On the kit, would kill for Adidas, but get the complications for NS. Nike would be fantastic. Puma I would also like and does provide a nice symmetry to Adidas. 

In Ireland football = Gaelic football (the country's biggest sport) and it is common for Soccer (the country's third biggest sport) to be called, eh soccer. 

I don't see the problem. Different cultures and contexts are entitled to call the sport whatever they want.

1 hour ago, mrchnry said:

Saw this on twitter, I would pay so much money for this. 

FpHbnwgWAAIItv7.jpeg

That's about as much of a West Ham shirt as it's possible to be without 2 crossing hammers on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, FLVillan said:

Not to be overly anti-Heck (as I already have a strong bias toward disliking him :) )  but fixing the Castore disaster presented itself to him on a silver platter.  We will see any major brand supplier for next year as a massive win, given what happened with the castore shirts.  As it stands we will be getting much nicer kit with two cartoonish amateur logos.... 

Spot on. The other point to make is that with the improvements on the pitch will have also had a massive impact on next season kit supplier and the revenue. Like you said, the kit is an easy win considering the crap with Castore.

So when we get 50m a season lol for the new kit it will be because of Good looking b******* like Moreno and Luiz wearing the kit. The lads putting in amazing performances, and of course the Don for all the good work. 

10 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

That's about as much of a West Ham shirt as it's possible to be without 2 crossing hammers on it.

I think it looks crap tbh. 

38 minutes ago, omariqy said:

99% of fans will be really happy with the brand. It’s a really exciting one

Spill the beans then? 

Or at least give us a clue. 

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I did actually think of Gymshark as well @Jas10, but had no idea the young owner was a Villa fan!

They make serious money, bloke is a hell of a success story.

They started as a small, independent fitness brand and absolutely exploded.

Still minnows relative to the massive companies though ( Estimated revenue of 500 mill per year ) but I think are Cash rich.

Bloke being a Villa fans would surely boost this.

Interesting… their logo is flipping cool

spacer.png

Doubt it though… if it’s a brand that most will be happy with, I’m assuming it’s a recognised or popular one in football…

No real idea though but I’ll admit I’d like to know 😆 or at least get a decent clue!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, omariqy said:

99% of fans will be really happy with the brand. It’s a really exciting one

Can you tell us if it’s a recognised/popular brand in football or one that is actually “new” or different? We’ve never had it before?

Thanks