The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

1 hour ago, useless said:

Harwood-Bellis has gone to Southampton on loan, continuing the link between Southampton and Man City yougnsters, this being tte fifth player they've taken from Man City academy in the last year, Man City's former Head of Academy Jason Wilcox, now Southamton's Director of Football.

Don't get that.

He played really well for Burnley and then started every game for England Under 21s who didn't concede a goal so surely he could've got a move to lower prem team.

Another loan is strange unless he's been told on the quiet he has no chance of breaking into England full squad in next 12 months so then a loan to prem or championship dosen't make much difference.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Don't get that.

He played really well for Burnley and then started every game for England Under 21s who didn't concede a goal so surely he could've got a move to lower prem team.

Another loan is strange unless he's been told on the quiet he has no chance of breaking into England full squad in next 12 months so then a loan to prem or championship dosen't make much difference.

He is no Harry Maguire

Iwobi to Fulham for 22 mil does seem like very poor business…then again he is a London boy at heart and I think he will suit the Fulham system a lot better, he might have a Willian style revival! 

CHO would have been a better and cheaper option for them but i think they were haggling over the fee and then lost out to forest

• Like 1

On 31/08/2023 at 06:33, jacketspuds said:

When Cole Palmer signs, Chelsea will have now pushed through the £1bn spending figure under Boehly, in just over a year.

Another 7 year contract :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

£150m bid for Salah rejected by the dippers.

I just read that, bonkers from both sides.

I suspect they’ll be back in for him. They don’t like being told no.

Im hoping it goes through right before we play them.

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Iwobi to Fulham for 22 mil does seem like very poor business…then again he is a London boy at heart and I think he will suit the Fulham system a lot better, he might have a Willian style revival! 

CHO would have been a better and cheaper option for them but i think they were haggling over the fee and then lost out to forest

Paliniha is going to Bayern Munich for 60m.

Astounded Liverpool or even Chelsea didn't come in for that price.

That's a massive blow for Fulham and will impact on them even more than Mitrovic arguably. 

Probably got enough to avoid relegation battle this season but feels like they overachieved for a season but now losing key players and falling back down the league quickly.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

£150m bid for Salah rejected by the dippers.

The language used here by Ornstein is bizarre

The bid was made by the league, and they will allocate him to Al Ittihad? So the league will own him and not the club?

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I just read that, bonkers from both sides.

I suspect they’ll be back in for him. They don’t like being told no.

Im hoping it goes through right before we play them.

Apparently they're going back in with a £175m bid.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

The bid was made by the league, and they will allocate him to Al Ittihad? So the league will own him and not the club?

Sort of. The 4 clubs have the same Sporting Director

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

That’s how all their transfers work, the league does the bidding and then they are allocated to a club. In reality I assume the players will discuss which club they will go to before signing on the dotted line.

• Like 1