The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

£70 mill for Paqueta seems madness.

Maguire and JWP for 60 doesn't seem to bad tbh. 

Don't like West Ham potentially getting all this money for a rebuild. 

Midfield 3 of Soucek-E. Alverez - Jwp could be a good mix. 

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

Its abosolutely horrendous. Two mediocre PL players who are both at the tail end of their careers, on high wages and zero resale value. Screams of a club just wanting to plod along in mid table which is exactly what they'll get with gollum in charge. No ambition at all or trust in their manager/scouting team that they can find good young players and improve them. 

• Like 2

Just now, villa89 said:

Its abosolutely horrendous. Two mediocre PL players who are both at the tail end of their careers, on high wages and zero resale value. Screams of a club just wanting to plod along in mid table which is exactly what they'll get with gollum in charge. No ambition at all or trust in their manager/scouting team that they can find good young players and improve them. 

JWP on set-peices with Soucek, Maguire, Antonio and Zouma to attack the headers. It's a Moyes dream team just need to get Fellaini back. 

I mean it's not what we want but it can be effective. 

Guess they still need a striker and another wide player. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

£70 mill for Paqueta seems madness.

Don't like West Ham potentially getting all this money for a rebuild. 

Midfield 3 of Soucek-E. Alverez - Jwp could be a good mix. 

Disagree. West Ham's big signings continuously fail, and Moyes does not know how to use them effectively. They are shite.

47 minutes ago, villa89 said:

JWP is 28 (which isn’t even the tail end of a Gabby-career) and has been a standout at Southampton. He’s not a superstar, but a good PL player with quite few years left in him.

maguire’s 30, so about 4 more years. He is indeed mediocre, but maybe eager to prove his critics wrong. He was good at Leicester.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AXD said:

JWP is 28 (which isn’t even the tail end of a Gabby-career) and has been a standout at Southampton. He’s not a superstar, but a good PL player with quite few years left in him.

maguire’s 30, so about 4 more years. He is indeed mediocre, but maybe eager to prove his critics wrong. He was good at Leicester.

Come on now, this is VT. Once you’ve hit your late twenties you are basically retired and cannot move.

Edited by jim
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

So Man City want Lucas Paquetá from West Ham. No doubt West Ham will get a good what... 60-80m for him if it goes through? 

Not a bad summer for West Ham in terms of money raised from outgoings. Hope they continue to struggle to buy tho. 

Clearly I'm missing something because I think he's absolute dogshit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Clearly I'm missing something because I think he's absolute dogshit.

He plays regular for Brazil, so while he may not be elite, he's clearly not absolute dogshite.

Edited by duke313

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He plays regular for Brazil, so while he may not be elite, he's clearly not absolute dogshite.

And Luiz doesn;t, despite being probably our best player. Doesn't really say anything. Wesley has a cap.

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

And Luiz doesn;t, despite being probably our best player. Doesn't really say anything. Wesley has a cap.

So... it probably does imply that Paqueta isn't dogshit then? :D 

• Haha 1

I bet Man Utd can't believe their luck that they're getting £30M for a 30 year old defender that they clearly want rid of. 

£30M for Ward-Prowse is fine though I think.

They're typical Moyes players but can see them doing okay for West Ham with the way they play.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I reckon CB as AWB seems to have had a bit of a renaissance there and is in talks over a new contract.

Yeah maybe, although I'd guess Martinez and Varane would be 1st choice there

6 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Maguire going to West Ham, putting it out there think he’ll be a good signing for them. Obviously we got more value in Torres, but Maguire isn’t as shit as has been made out and will suit West Ham 

Can see Pau taking time to settle too. Maguire will probably hit the ground running. He's not bad and will fit in well with their defenders.

• Like 1