"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

23 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

IMG_4072.jpeg

@Villatillidie95 this suggests that the Terrace View seating will be spread across the Holte End - there's the thing about some of it being rail seating (which is just going to be the back ten rows) but not all of it, and the important but small word "single" which means sometimes if two of you buy access to the lounge on a single game basis, you might not have the option of sitting together.

This is why it's going to be so difficult, the club have mis-priced it and it's the wrong offer - I think they genuinely hoped to sell out five hundred of these to the existing Upper Holte End Season ticket holders and when they sold about 10% of that they realised they're in a bit of a mess in terms of how they're going to fit all 900 of the people that weren't last years season ticket holders into the space around the existing season ticket holders.

If you're a member who bought seats in the Upper Holte last season and you're expecting to be able to do the same again this season, then unless you're paying the extra £25.00 to be in the Terrace View, I think you'd best be looking elsewhere in the ground.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

@Villatillidie95 this suggests that the Terrace View seating will be spread across the Holte End - there's the thing about some of it being rail seating (which is just going to be the back ten rows) but not all of it, and the important but small word "single" which means sometimes if two of you buy access to the lounge on a single game basis, you might not have the option of sitting together.

This is why it's going to be so difficult, the club have mis-priced it and it's the wrong offer - I think they genuinely hoped to sell out five hundred of these to the existing Upper Holte End Season ticket holders and when they sold about 10% of that they realised they're in a bit of a mess in terms of how they're going to fit all 900 of the people that weren't last years season ticket holders into the space around the existing season ticket holders.

If you're a member who bought seats in the Upper Holte last season and you're expecting to be able to do the same again this season, then unless you're paying the extra £25.00 to be in the Terrace View, I think you'd best be looking elsewhere in the ground.

Yeah it worked for me eventually and I clicked through to the seat choice page, there’s a large swathe set aside in the upper holte. It didn’t give Seat numbers so not exactly sure where though. 
I haven’t bought it… will take some negotiation with it being £1560

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah it worked for me eventually and I clicked through to the seat choice page, there’s a large swathe set aside in the upper holte. It didn’t give Seat numbers so not exactly sure where though. 
I haven’t bought it… will take some negotiation with it being £1560

Got a picture of the seating plan/choice?

I better not be kicked out of my seat to make way for a "terrace viewer"...

I hope that it will be as OutByEaster suggests....the purchasers of terrace view will be allocated the seats that are not taken up by ST holders that are scatterecaround the Upper Holte.

This might mean the seat next to me could be a terrace Viewer, probably recognise him as he will be wearing a dinner jacket, or if it's a woman, she will be wearing a cocktail dress

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Got a picture of the seating plan/choice?

I better not be kicked out of my seat to make way for a "terrace viewer"...

I hope that it will be as OutByEaster suggests....the purchasers of terrace view will be allocated the seats that are not taken up by ST holders that are scatterecaround the Upper Holte.

This might mean the seat next to me could be a terrace Viewer, probably recognise him as he will be wearing a dinner jacket, or if it's a woman, she will be wearing a cocktail dress

This was my pic from earlier in the thread.

YCKXZgz.jpg

No chance there is that many seats together in Upper Holte. There would have been more outrage on social media if that many people had to move. I think some from lower holte had to move but that was to do with a new accessible area I think?

As said by others I think you choose a vacant seat. I'm not sure if this is done after purchase as the when you buy the Terrace season ticket the seat numbers doesn't represent a seat in the Holte

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Just out of interest, did anyone (or anyone you know) actually manage to buy this? So far, on here, twitter and every villa fan I know, no one seems to have been able to buy it…

Yeah but that is like political polling and come election day the right wingers come out of the woodwork. Nobody wants to admit it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

This was my pic from earlier in the thread.

YCKXZgz.jpg

No chance there is that many seats together in Upper Holte. There would have been more outrage on social media if that many people had to move. I think some from lower holte had to move but that was to do with a new accessible area I think?

As said by others I think you choose a vacant seat. I'm not sure if this is done after purchase as the when you buy the Terrace season ticket the seat numbers doesn't represent a seat in the Holte

Thanks I am not sure I would feel comfortable singing "my old man" and doing some sweary shouty stuff standing next to a bloke wearing a top hat and tails who purchased a terrace view ticket

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Only 359 seats left now apparently @delboy54

The question would be 359 of how many?

If they're putting half out to season ticket holders and keeping half for single game purchase, that would be an horrific sales figure - 141?

• Like 3

I honestly don't see the value, works out at over £80 a game (on the basis of course that it only permits entry to the 19 home PL matches and not European and domestic cup matches), I've read by someone who called the club to ask a few questions that you can only renew it for another Terrace View seat at the end of the season again and if it doesn't entitle you to purchase away tickets (if eligible to ST holders which they scarcely do) then that is a hell of a lot of money for access to spend more money in a slightly plusher bar and a match programme for a standard Holte End match seat.

The principle of the ST waiting list queue-jump slightly irks me (morally someone who is next in line for a season ticket can be trampled by people who can afford this if they can't etc despite the fact they've waited much longer for the opportunity to purchase a season ticket) and it also strikes me as baffling that it is this particular stand and area of the stadium that they are doing it in. Surely anybody with half an interest in Aston Villa Football Club could have told them that the Holte End makes the least sense to incorporate hospitality arrangements?! The seemingly very poor take-up of the Terrace View bolt-on option by existing Holte End season ticket holders is telling and no doubt a reason as others have mentioned further up this thread.

If it was £800, or even £1,500 and included two or three drinks tokens per match and included cup games as well it may have tempted me to part with the money, but I just can't see the sense in doing so at the moment unless I've got something wrong...

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, wedge said:

I honestly don't see the value, works out at over £80 a game

The principle of the ST waiting list queue-jump slightly irks me

If it was £800, or even £1,500 and included two or three drinks tokens per match

Middle of Trinity is £68 per game and with no drinks or programme. 

You can’t queue jump, it doesn’t entitle you to a season ticket the year after. 

The £1500 does include 2 drinks per match plus a programme. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, wedge said:

I honestly don't see the value, works out at over £80 a game (on the basis of course that it only permits entry to the 19 home PL matches and not European and domestic cup matches), I've read by someone who called the club to ask a few questions that you can only renew it for another Terrace View seat at the end of the season again and if it doesn't entitle you to purchase away tickets (if eligible to ST holders which they scarcely do) then that is a hell of a lot of money for access to spend more money in a slightly plusher bar and a match programme for a standard Holte End match seat.

The principle of the ST waiting list queue-jump slightly irks me (morally someone who is next in line for a season ticket can be trampled by people who can afford this if they can't etc despite the fact they've waited much longer for the opportunity to purchase a season ticket) and it also strikes me as baffling that it is this particular stand and area of the stadium that they are doing it in. Surely anybody with half an interest in Aston Villa Football Club could have told them that the Holte End makes the least sense to incorporate hospitality arrangements?! The seemingly very poor take-up of the Terrace View bolt-on option by existing Holte End season ticket holders is telling and no doubt a reason as others have mentioned further up this thread.

If it was £800, or even £1,500 and included two or three drinks tokens per match and included cup games as well it may have tempted me to part with the money, but I just can't see the sense in doing so at the moment unless I've got something wrong...

I think these season tickets (as you rightly point out) don't entitle them to many of the same benefits of a season ticket holder (like access to away tickets). It also doesn't guarantee them the same seat next season.

Its like a season ticket light,  a different offering If you will.

I think that they did withdraw some "season ticket non-renewals" from normal resale, so guess they are taking the place of some Waiting list people that otherwise would have been offered one of those seats. 

It's bad but it's not horrific I don't think. 

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Middle of Trinity is £68 per game and with no drinks or programme. 

You can’t queue jump, it doesn’t entitle you to a season ticket the year after. 

The £1500 does include 2 drinks per match plus a programme. 

The Terrace View match seats aren't in the middle of the Trinity.

Queue jump in the sense that someone who is almost at a stage on the waiting list where they can purchase a season ticket in the Holte End but can't afford to shell out £1,560 can be jumped over by someone who can to effectively sit in the same seat to watch the matches with access to a plusher bar.

Fair enough - I didn't realise it included any drinks.

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I think these season tickets (as you rightly point out) don't entitle them to many of the same benefits of a season ticket holder (like access to away tickets). It also doesn't guarantee them the same seat next season.

Its like a season ticket light,  a different offering If you will.

I think that they did withdraw some "season ticket non-renewals" from normal resale, so guess they are taking the place of some Waiting list people that otherwise would have been offered one of those seats. 

It's bad but it's not horrific I don't think. 

I agree - bad but not horrific (sad we're content with that situation as an offering however in this day and age and the way the game is going it's the truth).

I suppose it's blocked maybe a few hundred on the waiting list from potentially getting a standard ST as they can't afford to fork out for The Terrace View.

47 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If they're putting half out to season ticket holders and keeping half for single game purchase, that would be an horrific sales figure - 141?

Yeah hard to know, I didn’t get in early doors as the site wouldn’t work for me so I didn’t see what the original number was. I suspect it was 500 though… if you look at the rough rectangle of blue seats on the Holte, then that would make sense. With the other 500 to be single purchases 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

When I got the email Thursday it was 388. I doubt many of this new season ticket had been sold before that, so that is 29 and they were pretty much all today. 

Maybe about 110 upgraded their their season ticket for £450.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

if you look at the rough rectangle of blue seats on the Holte, then that would make sense.

That isn't a map of seats on the Holte - I think it's just an indicative plan of the Terrace View seat allocation.

There are 5,751 seats in the Upper Holte, so ultimately more than 1 in 6 of the people there will be in the Terrace View on game day. I'd love to know how many season ticket holders are up there - and how much space that will then leave for 900+ non regular season ticket holders.

It's a brilliant facility, but unfortunately pitched the wrong way - a first come, first served, £5 or £10 with a programme entry (like the Holte Suite) would have seen it full at half past one on matchdays with a bar full of drinkers - it might not have made as much as these tickets will take, but it would have made money and it'd have been a really welcome addition to Villa Park, somewhere with a sense of belonging and community - it's an opportunity missed.

Perhaps next year they'll sell it differently.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That isn't a map of seats on the Holte - I think it's just an indicative plan of the Terrace View seat allocation.

There are 5,751 seats in the Upper Holte, so ultimately more than 1 in 6 of the people there will be in the Terrace View on game day. I'd love to know how many season ticket holders are up there - and how much space that will then leave for 900+ non regular season ticket holders.

It's a brilliant facility, but unfortunately pitched the wrong way - a first come, first served, £5 or £10 with a programme entry (like the Holte Suite) would have seen it full at half past one on matchdays with a bar full of drinkers - it might not have made as much as these tickets will take, but it would have made money and it'd have been a really welcome addition to Villa Park, somewhere with a sense of belonging and community - it's an opportunity missed.

Ah sorry, I hadn’t appreciated it wasn’t an actual plan of the seating. Of course, I see now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Thanks I am not sure I would feel comfortable singing "my old man" and doing some sweary shouty stuff standing next to a bloke wearing a top hat and tails who purchased a terrace view ticket

He'd turn and stare at you with his giant eyeball magnified in his monocle. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Exactly.If they did it like this  I don't think you would have had half o the complaints.

• Like 1

Â