2023 Grand National

bielesibub

It's that time again when the entire world seems to have a bet. 

Any one got any good tips? Any good free bets flying about? I see Skybet are paying 7 places.

Undeterred by my poor predictions at Cheltenham, I'll be having a crack and will no doubt be shown up by one of my kids.

Pinstickers guide to the Grand National

Edited by bielesibub
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

No sign of the super Bet365 offer yet is there? Would be the first time in many years they haven't done it.

they're not doing it this year which kinda sucked any interest i had in the race out of me. i picked 5th last year which meant i got paid on both the bet365 leg and the exchange leg so best possible outcome.

had a quick look last night and think noble yeats will be my only 'proper' bet but the below were also on my shortlist and might put some change on one or 2

Lifetime Ambition
Gaillard Du Mesnil
Corach Rambler
Our Power

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

they're not doing it this year which kinda sucked any interest i had in the race out of me. i picked 5th last year which meant i got paid on both the bet365 leg and the exchange leg so best possible outcome.

had a quick look last night and think noble yeats will be my only 'proper' bet but the below were also on my shortlist and might put some change on one or 2

Lifetime Ambition
Gaillard Du Mesnil
Corach Rambler
Our Power

Damn, yeah 5th place was always the preferred outcome for me. Worth a few grand that if you maxed out the offer? And a guaranteed ~ £100

Few fun bets it is then.

Edited by fightoffyour

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Damn, yeah 5th place was always the preferred outcome for me. Worth a few grand that if you maxed out the offer? And a guaranteed ~ £100

Few fun bets it is then.

nah not quite...potentially i guess if you got a good price and layed off for a bit less on the exchange. all told i was about £600 up i think if memory serves, and that was maxing the offer

• Like 1

Minella Trump has something like a 53% win rate and is 66-1 on Sky bet  , presumably that's because other people know far more than I do about these things  , but it could be a decent each way 

I should add , that I've never won on the National and most of my bets / sweepstake horses fall in the first  couple of fences ... I think I actually had a horse finish last year which is a rarity 

if you've got accounts with bookies that have daily free games (Coral, Ladbrokes, PaddyPower, William Hill) try them out, I've just won enough to cover more than a few cheeky bets for today and tomorrow. 

Also remember the free daily pick a winner horse competitions, like itv7, betway 4 to win, Paddy's Pick 5. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bielesibub said:

if you've got accounts with bookies that have daily free games (Coral, Ladbrokes, PaddyPower, William Hill) try them out, I've just won enough to cover more than a few cheeky bets for today and tomorrow. 

Also remember the free daily pick a winner horse competitions, like itv7, betway 4 to win, Paddy's Pick 5. 

It’s even worth opening an account just for the £20 free bets for the first deposit with coral , boyle sports 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Can't even get on Bet365 with a VPN. Would cost me £5 a day to roam with Three to login there, so only worthwhile if they had their mega offer. Hope they have a shit year of it and bring the offer back in future.

Have you downloaded their authenticator app?

Well I have Delta Work (which everyone in work wanted - because we are a company called Delta) in one Sweep and Carefully Selected in another

That is the extent of my participation in this nonsense

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Well I have Delta Work (which everyone in work wanted - because we are a company called Delta) in one Sweep and Carefully Selected in another

That is the extent of my participation in this nonsense

Probably the worse race you could bet on but Delta Work is a fantastic horse In terrific form. 

• Like 1