Favorite political songs

Marka Ragnos

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

One of my favourite political hip hop bands, Disposable heroes of hiphoprisy, this live recording from 92 is fantastic. Michael Franti hasnt set my world on fire since these disbanded, but at the time, excellent.

Two things to mention with that. Firstly it isn't the original. Still MIchael Franti. There#'s also a great Adrian Sherwood Dub of it on the 12"

Secondly, the Disposable Heroes of bit of the name was a very late addition. I have a white label of the first single on Workers Playtime when they were just called Hiphoprissy (one for the fact fans)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

One of my favourite political hip hop bands, Disposable heroes of hiphoprisy, this live recording from 92 is fantastic. Michael Franti hasnt set my world on fire since these disbanded, but at the time, excellent.

Used to love this lot. I think it was 92 when I saw them at Phoenix Festival and they were superb.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah it's such a bugger that VT forces you to enter and read every thread...

Oh hang on...

Owwww. Don't feel bad for me. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

Two things to mention with that. Firstly it isn't the original. Still MIchael Franti. There#'s also a great Adrian Sherwood Dub of it on the 12"

Secondly, the Disposable Heroes of bit of the name was a very late addition. I have a white label of the first single on Workers Playtime when they were just called Hiphoprissy (one for the fact fans)

I didnt know that Television was a Beatnigs song, and that's the first time I have heard that version, interesting to hear it like that.

• Like 2

If you're looking for the ultimate political song, it would have to be The Internationale. For people what speak English, has to be the original lyrics though, not the Billy Bragg rewrite. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Im not into politics,but if I had to pick a song about politics,it would be the Mickey Mouse song.

??

Mic - see you real soon

Key - Why? because we like you

M.O.U.S.E

That one?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

As a side note, the day the Witch did die I spent some time in the Casa on Hope St in Liverpool with Wylie and a good number of other Liverpool musicians, an impromptu celebration was held (across the city), fireworks were let off, no-one cried

• Like 3

Â