• McGinn (Buendía 60)
    • Moreno (Bailey 61)
    • Durán (Digne 61)
    • Coutinho (Young 76)
    • Cash (Ramsey 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/02/23 at 23:59

15 hours ago, nick76 said:

Shocking first half, better second half.  

Will only remember Duran’s shot from this game and Jack being a cock.

The Irony for me Nick is this.......I was talking to a mate, and saying, how jack always goes to ground, but rarely in the box, to win penalties....I said "I can't understand that"

perhaps he was saving that dive for us.

15 hours ago, jim said:

Better after the changes, before that it was atrocious.

That first half.....We have played like that under 3 managers.....Its in the DNA.

We need a leader, a player like Rodri.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Awful first half but much better second half. But that's seems to be a recurring theme under Emery ever since the Liverpool game.

If we want to get something off Arsenal we need to be absolutely at it for a whole 90 minutes. I don't want to see three defeats in a row and Arsenal are currently wobbling plus play City less than three days beforehand.

That theme, has been recurring under 3 managers.....We need a least one leader, who can inspire the team to lift their game and get closer to opponents, get in their faces, we just semi press and stand off.

The theme is repetitive, we have slipped back to old ways, of lazy defending.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The_Steve said:

How can anyone defend this? He clips his own damn leg to ensure he falls over and cries like a baby to get the pen.

ezgif-5-453e339433.gif

Listen! Everyone to a man was defending him when he was with us, so let's get that right. That's not the reason we lost the game.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

That theme, has been recurring under 3 managers.....We need a least one leader, who can inspire the team to lift their game and get closer to opponents, get in their faces, we just semi press and stand off.

The theme is repetitive, we have slipped back to old ways, of lazy defending.

It's just a complete lack of intensity. Against opposition like that, I'm afraid it's unacceptable and the coaching staff need to take some responsibility. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Listen! Everyone to a man was defending him when he was with us, so let's get that right. That's not the reason we lost the game.

The reason we lost the game, wasn't just because we was playing Man City either.......The traits have been there for some time, even before Emery and Gerrard.

This team needs a Leader, one with steel and an ability to lift the players around him....a character with influence.

The soft under belly, needs to be public enemy no1.........in the summer.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

It's so odd when we play them at the Etihad now. Its like you've seen the match before it happened. It doesn't matter which players or manager we have the outcome and feel of the game is always the same. 

All our other premier league fixtures I have no idea what's going to happen. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's just a complete lack of intensity. Against opposition like that, I'm afraid it's unacceptable and the coaching staff need to take some responsibility. 

I agree Sheepy.....but this has been around for yonks.

Even Roy Keane coming in failed to eradicate it, with Gabby having a benny with him for driving the hard....its been in the DNA for such a long time.

We need to bring in a few players, who can play, but willing to be up for the fight, and make the intensity the rule, rather than the exception.

I watch many other teams in the Prem and we seem way off their tempo, intensity, urgency and physical appetite....The only time we get physical, is when we are fending off challenges, we don't do it proactively.

This team at times ( i.e first half) is puny.

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

The reason we lost the game, wasn't just because we was playing Man City either.......The traits have been there for some time, even before Emery and Gerrard.

This team needs a Leader, one with steel and an ability to lift the players around him....a character with influence.

The soft under belly, need to be public enemy no1.........in the summer.

Agree. We perhaps could have looked at a Craig Dawson or Ben Mee type as a stop gap in the last window, but didn’t. Without Mings, we’re awful at the back right now.

We certainly have a mentality issue against certain sides or when we concede.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

It's so odd when we play them at the Etihad now. Its like you've seen the match before it happened. It doesn't matter which players or manager we have the outcome and feel of the game is always the same. 

All our other premier league fixtures I have no idea what's going to happen. 

until Duran come on, we had no physical presence......They had about 4 huge guys at set pieces, and we couldn't hold them.

Some blame McPhee, which could be so, but at set pieces we are simply out muscled, this team without Mings is light and slight....there is no height for aerial balls.....The balance is wrong.

I am staggered, its still the case after all this time in the Prem.

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

The Irony for me Nick is this.......I was talking to a mate, and saying, how jack always goes to ground, but rarely in the box, to win penalties....I said "I can't understand that"

perhaps he was saving that dive for us.

I’m going to be really harsh and unfair but they were already 2-0 up against his boyhood club against a friend (Ramsey) and fellow fan.  

I know that means nothing in a game, things happen quickly and he works for City…but you just knew he was going to do it against us before it even happened.  

Fair play to him, I just think he’s a cock!  I know I’m being unfair.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Agree. We perhaps could have looked at a Craig Dawson or Ben Mee type as a stop gap in the last window, but didn’t. Without Mings, we’re awful at the back right now.

We certainly have a mentality issue against certain sides or when we concede.

Its so, damn obvious, its frustrating.

are you kidding .... there would be uproar, if we brought players like that in....The irony is players above us, have them.

look around the league, other teams have units.....we don't.

I am not saying, every player in our team has to be a unit, thats silly, we we need our fair share and we haven't......we have relied on Mings, for this, just one player, for too long.

We need a Rodri, type player.

• Like 1

Always expect City to beat us. However i thought we'd put up a fight. Pep's City don't lose consecutive matches.

Mings being out hurt us. Chambers was getting slaughtered out there. He looked.

like a child against Haaland! Digne was absolutely awful again.

The ref gave them everything. Jack is Jack. Jack looks awful in that sky blue shirt.

I thought Duran would be a big talent and he surely is. That Man City team is actually quite big a strong. Every corner was a worry. Probably needed Donkey as well as Kamara.

Second half counts for nothing, game was long done!

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its so, damn obvious, its frustrating.

are you kidding .... there would be uproar, if we brought players like that in....The irony is players above us, have them.

look around the league, other teams have units.....we don't.

I am not saying, every player in our team has to be a unit, thats silly, we we need our fair share and we haven't......we have relied on Mings, for this, just one player, for too long.

We need a Rodri, type player.

We do his name is Dendonker, unfortunately he doesn't have the technique or passing range Rodri does. Rodri is the best in the world right now probably at what he does.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

We do his name is Dendonker, unfortunately he doesn't have the technique or passing range Rodri does. Rodri is the best in the world right now probably at what he does.

yeah, Forgot him....but its hardly, fixing an issue, when he hardly plays.......I was not aiming my frustration, at Height alone, they still have to be able to play as well.

Rodri, is a very good one, But Casemiro is too, so is Partey.....If we open our eyes and then the cheque book, they are out there.

Right now, A Phil Billing, would help......it doesn't have to be as good as Rodri, but a similar type.

We have an allegedly sophisticated analytical dep't, to seemingly come up with players, no different from some of our choices.....and not much different to what we already have.

That £100 mill of Jacks money was a real, debate prompter. 

It was clear, in that game.... we was out muscled and out thought, for that corner.

Edited by TRO

16 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Regardless of who you are playing, conceding 7 goals in 2 games is not good. 

This was never a winnable game really so to win the 2nd half after that awful first is about the most positive thing you can take from it.

Well probably lose against Arsenal and that’s 3 in a row and you start to realize the team is not good enough for a top half finish.

Not being clever, bur realized that quite some time ago.

and still firmly holding my rabbits foot.....for the Summer.

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

yeah, Forgot him....but its hardly, fixing an issue, when he hardly plays.......I was not aiming my frustration, at Height alone, they still have to be able to play as well.

Rodri, is a very good one, But Casemiro is too, so is Partey.....If we open our eyes and then the cheque book, they are out there.

Right now, A Phil Billing, would help......it doesn't have to be as good as Rodri, but a similar type.

We have an allegedly sophisticated analytical dep't, to seemingly come up with players, no different from some of our choices.....and not much different to what we already have.

That £100 mill of Jacks money was a real, debate prompter. 

It was clear, in that game.... we was out muscled and out thought, for that corner.

For me Dendonker is better than Biling. This was probably a hame where Luiz or Buendia had to make way for Dendonker. He is better then them defensively, and aerially. I actually think the size issue was why Digne started, as he is bigger, stronger and better in the air than Moreno. Our ultimate undoing however was we were unable to track their runners. Whether it was in midfield or defense they were a step ahead of us.

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

Not being clever, bur realized that quite some time ago.

and still firmly holding my rabbits foot.....for the Summer.

I think most of us did but were possibly blinded by the form under the new manager. It was never going to last unfortunately.

With or without Emery this team isn't quite top half for me.

Edited by AVFCDAN

Â