Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Exactly.

Often there are one or two names, maybe three which are targets Unai & co. identify and look to pursue. If No.1 doesn't happen, we move to target No.2.. if that doesn't happen, do we look at No.3? (if there is one) or do we stick with what we have for now in that position and focus on the other areas now instead.

I agree any transfer is all speculation, but that's the beauty of it, right? it's the best time of the year imo, especially when your team is undergoing transfer surgery to improve matters on the pitch like we have done for the better. It's been one of the best transfer windows I've witnessed in my 41 years supporting Villa, and it's not done yet!

When it comes to targets and signings though or any ITK info people may come across, it appears you can only start threads if there is only a link already out there on the www. Somewhere. Com

It's been known though that when certain people start threads, they're torn to shreds and the link to the website in the OP for that said target player (to be able to start that thread in the first place), is nullified and/or ridiculed for any random reason that looks suitable at the time.

Yet, many of the same cluster are happy to go on to start threads themselves, from a random tweet - possibly by some lad in his bedroom - and it's discussed on here until the cows come home without an eyebrow raised!  🤪      Bizarre that.

As you know and said yourself before JV, info does not just start at football insider.com or a random tweet. But then again you can't start a thread based on a text message...

Yeah for example our targets were in this order for those positions

1. Nico Williams

2. Moussa Diaby

3. Jeremy Doku

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

To be honest with you, I think if we sign that missing piece of the puzzle on that attacking left side, with a player who can play that role and also adapt as a second striker then that will be all we need imo.

That would then give us:

Ollie, Duran

*New*, Zaniolo, Diaby, Traoré - all of whom can fill any striker void left by Ollie, and/or the added bonus to be able to change things up in games too if ever necessary.

I like what Unai is building here.

You missed out Bailey. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

If you didnt use editor to cheat then any rating i had for FM is out the window because that should be near impossible 

Nope no cheating, promotions every season and won everything within about 10-11 seasons

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Yeah for example our targets were in this order for those positions

1. Nico Williams

2. Moussa Diaby

3. Jeremy Doku

I wouldn't like to speculate or comment on what order any targets might have been on that one, but I agree with your example 100%.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

To be honest with you, I think if we sign that missing piece of the puzzle on that attacking left side, with a player who can play that role and also adapt as a second striker then that will be all we need imo.

That would then give us:

Ollie, Duran

*New*, Zaniolo, Diaby, Traoré - all of whom can fill any striker void left by Ollie, and/or the added bonus to be able to change things up in games too if ever necessary.

I like what Unai is building here.

Indeed. He really loves versatility in his players more than any other manager I can recall. I know that we have players that 'could' play the OW role if he is out but do feel we would miss the physicality/hold up play that he brings if, for example, Diaby moved forward. Then again, Arsenal have Jesus and Nketiah as thier 2 CF options, so maybe I am worrying unnecessarily. 

30 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Was waiting for someone to say that 😂

I won the CL with Kidderminster Harriers though so definitely not 😝

I've never played FM. I had no idea that it had that level of realism built into it. 😉😂

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, eholm said:

Indeed. He really loves versatility in his players more than any other manager I can recall. I know that we have players that 'could' play the OW role if he is out but do feel we would miss the physicality/hold up play that he brings if, for example, Diaby moved forward. Then again, Arsenal have Jesus and Nketiah as thier 2 CF options, so maybe I am worrying unnecessarily. 

I agree, Unai loves versatility and I think it's a great setup to have in what has been constructed thus far and the options each player offers in being able to play other roles.

It'll equally be very beneficial this season with the amount of games we're anticipating on playing too.

Bringing off a nakered Watkins for a fresh Ramsey and then just pushing Zaniolo or someone into the striker position for the remainder of the game etc.

I would kindly agree you might be worrying unnecessarily.   😎

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

With Lenglet and Zaniolo on loan, I guess we can put the Joao Felix talk to bed.  Any further mention of Joao Felix should come with a ban 🤣

Why? Isn't it only a maximum of 2 domestic loans?

• Like 1

IF there is anything at all int he Felix rumours it seems we are gambling that Barcelona cant make it happen and we are first in line if that is the case. Reports seems to suggest Saudi's would be ahead but who knows. 

It seems very high risk strategy from us as I cant imagine we'd have any other fall back options as I am sure Barcelona will be working to the wire to make it happen. 

Would have prefered it if we moved on for someone who WANTS to play for us. 

That said as much as a bell as Felix seems he is a very gifted player and I could see him thriving in our system. Maybe these "top end" players are what can make the difference for a top 4/5 finish and thats why Unai is happy to wait it out. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MSvillain said:

Incorrect.

image.thumb.png.4c9938f956969f0f000d0f3e5b23b079.png

That's 4 in a season, as you could do 2 in first half and 2 in second half

They are:
- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

How many loans are allowed for Premier League clubs?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

2 loans. Domestic or otherwise.

1 minute ago, MSvillain said:

Incorrect.

image.thumb.png.4c9938f956969f0f000d0f3e5b23b079.png

As I understand it's 4 per season from British teams but only 2 can be registered. However this doesn't apply to foreign loans which were pretty much unlimited, but now FIFA are reducing them each season and it's currently 7.