Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not exactly a fan of this guy but I suppose he’s sticking his neck on the line here…. Never heard of this kid before:

Had him on football manager and he didn't do very well. Take from that what you will 😆

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

To be fair, he's more a left winger rather than a striker.

Irrelevant. The future, refers to a player of any position that will carry a country forward. If that isn’t currently the worlds best player then this kid must be pretty damned good. 

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't believe we're finished just yet.

Still really need cover for Ollie - Duran is just too much of a gamble and an unknown quantity at this stage of his career (although his potential will be very interesting for us to develop over the next few years). 

Hopefully, a late Coutinho sale will facilatate a forward incoming who can cover as a 9. A serious injury to OW and we are struggling as he is so vital to how we play.

16 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Normally at this stage of the transfer I very much hope that we will make signings and most of all a big blockbuster signing. I still think we need a new back up GK, a RB and a winger/striker. But I fully trust Emery and it seems like he has built a tight knit group with a good vibe within the team and with players who can play in different positions. As much as one signing can come in and give the team a big boost and change the whole dynamic, I guess the opposite could happen as well, someone comes in and makes the dynamic and vibe worse. I'm also fully in line with bringing in fewer players and to take care of them better, bedding them in carefully. So for the first time in amny years, perhaps ever(!), I'd be satisfied if we don't bring in anyone more at this time.

Regarding the attacking positions we have raised the level with Diaby and Zaniolo. With Bailey hopefully finding form and Traore free from injury, together with Ramsey coming back, I'd be satisfied with them togheter with McGinn, Watkins and Duran, and now even Cash as our attacking options. We can review it in January. And perhaps save the money and go out and spend big on Nico Williams or someone of that ilk next year.  

Think i echo exactly this, only one thing im undecided on is Zaniolo he didn’t look calm enough BUT im hoping that was due to it being his first game and dont get me wrong he did show moments of magic with the nutmeg stuff but looks decent, watched nico williams last match he looked amazing , we definitely need a GK imo and a forward im hoping a late steal for Ferran or Felix 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Was waiting for someone to say that 😂

I won the CL with Kidderminster Harriers though so definitely not 😝

If you didnt use editor to cheat then any rating i had for FM is out the window because that should be near impossible 

20 minutes ago, eholm said:

Still really need cover for Ollie - Duran is just too much of a gamble and an unknown quantity at this stage of his career (although his potential will be very interesting for us to develop over the next few years). 

Hopefully, a late Coutinho sale will facilatate a forward incoming who can cover as a 9. A serious injury to OW and we are struggling as he is so vital to how we play.

To be honest with you, I think if we sign that missing piece of the puzzle on that attacking left side, with a player who can play that role and also adapt as a second striker then that will be all we need imo.

That would then give us:

Ollie, Duran

*New*, Bailey, Zaniolo, Diaby, Traoré - all of whom can fill any striker void left by Ollie, and/or the added bonus to be able to change things up in games too if ever necessary.

I like what Unai is building here.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2