Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Is Luis Sinisterra worth looking at ? Scored a goal every 2 games worth of minutes in a poor Leeds team. Left winger but can play right and a mate for Duran, plus knows the league so less adaptation time. 

not a bad shout - looked a good player

1 hour ago, Pez1974 said:

If we can blag about £25m for Ramsey, Philogene and Davis, that is impressive as hell and buys a lot of FFP headroom.

Most youngsters don't make it - one injury can see them become Gary Gardner.
And if we are putting the buy-back clauses in, we have a degree of protection, as they'd likely not progress sat on our bench, and we can then amortise the fee over 5 years (or whatever the contract is).

We will likely win more than we lose, and I suspect it will make our academy more attractive to youth players, as we don't stifle their careers.

I assume that if we sign any attacking players they will be much closer to their early/mid 20s than their early 30s.  So I think £25m incoming would allow us to spend over £100m if it was amortised over the contract length(s) of 4 years.  Obviously we'd need to find a way to cover the amount the following year(s) so it's not quite as simple as that but is should be plenty for a good RB and adding another option to our front line so that we aren't relying on players playing 50 matches over the season.

1 hour ago, Pez1974 said:

If we can blag about £25m for Ramsey, Philogene and Davis, that is impressive as hell and buys a lot of FFP headroom.

Most youngsters don't make it - one injury can see them become Gary Gardner.
And if we are putting the buy-back clauses in, we have a degree of protection, as they'd likely not progress sat on our bench, and we can then amortise the fee over 5 years (or whatever the contract is).

We will likely win more than we lose, and I suspect it will make our academy more attractive to youth players, as we don't stifle their careers.

Yes if we get £14m for Ramsey, £5m Philogene, £6m for Davis and then £20m for Archer. We still have Hause and Traore who might be sold. Could be £50m+ in sales this summer when you add in Naka. 

Sanson, Digne, Coutinho all could have played last games for us and be gone too. 

Emery and Monchi are wasting no time 

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yes if we get £14m for Ramsey, £5m Philogene, £6m for Davis and then £20m for Archer. We still have Hause and Traore who might be sold. Could be £50m+ in sales this summer when you add in Naka. 

Sanson, Digne, Coutinho all could have played last games for us and be gone too. 

Emery and Monchi are wasting no time 

Six million pounds for Keinan Davis? Peter Andre wrote a song about that...

61XQJDXP26L._UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

39 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Tavares would be an awful signing, anyone who says they want him clearly hasn't watched him play. Ask any Portugal fans who watched him at the Under 21 Euros, they'll tell you. 

Only thing he has on Acuna is age but Arsenal are desperate to get rid of him. Acuna is a far superior player, but I'd rather just keep Digne.

Hopefully Tavares is all b*llocks anyway.

Marseille fans seemed to think the opposite. He got on quite well for them last season and put up a lot of great numbers offensively and has a lot of good qualities, just there's obviously a lot of his game that needs smoothing out.

2 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Marseille fans seemed to think the opposite. He got on quite well for them last season and put up a lot of great numbers offensively and has a lot of good qualities, just there's obviously a lot of his game that needs smoothing out.

It's all opinions and he was good going forward for Marseille but defensively he's always been very suspect and a very weak link whenever I saw him for Arsenal. They are desperate to get rid and only signed him two summers ago. Of course he could be someone that didn't work out there and does well here if Emery can iron out his weaknesses, but I think it's risky. If it was between Tavares and Acuna, even though Acuna is older, I'd go for him every time and it seems to me they'll cost a similar amount anyway. Although I think keeping Digne for another season is probably the best option especially as Moreno is back soon and us needing a right back more. 

If we're looking to move Digne on for financial reasons or whatever, we could do a lot worse than take Tierney from Arsenal instead of Tavares. Emery also signed him when he was there a few years back so clearly likes him. If we can keep him fit he will be excellent competition for Moreno and similar type of marauding left back. 

6 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

I haven't bothered yet. I'm picturing Sweeney Todd on holiday in Australia!

Edit* have now looked and can't see what the fuss is about, but hey, good luck!

It's @Don_Simon you should be wishing luck to, he's the one that wants to marry Sweeney Todd 😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

Is Luis Sinisterra worth looking at ? Scored a goal every 2 games worth of minutes in a poor Leeds team. Left winger but can play right and a mate for Duran, plus knows the league so less adaptation time. 

Isn't he refusing to play for Leeds like Gnonto

5 hours ago, duke313 said:

I can.  We have two £30m+ defenders already at the club to replace him.

One of which hasn’t played in the Premiership before and the other coming back from a serious injury. Not sure Carlos is ready to play a full game yet?