Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

With Archer available by all reports.  Philogene looking like he’s joining Hull on a permanent, and the A.Ramsey move finally being completed that’s maybe £40mill plus of sheer profit and creates huge wiggle room from a FFP perspective.  Are we clearing the decks for a big money signing or two before the windows out ? 

11 minutes ago, thabucks said:

With Archer available by all reports.  Philogene looking like he’s joining Hull on a permanent, and the A.Ramsey move finally being completed that’s maybe £40mill plus of sheer profit and creates huge wiggle room from a FFP perspective.  Are we clearing the decks for a big money signing or two before the windows out ? 

I honestly thought that some of our younger players would be playing in the conference league, the rate we are losing players to injury our 1st team players are going to be earning their corn! 

Disappointed with this news!

2 hours ago, Frodo said:

Philogene looks like he is off to Hull, Luca Digne close to leaving for Nice, Now Coutinho looks like has a bad injury 😳 I'm guessing we could have a few incomings over the next week or so.

Yea when he went off I just immediately though ah shit no Saudi money for us

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yea when he went off I just immediately though ah shit no Saudi money for us

Emery thinks around 3 weeks so if he was off to Saudi or Qatar then there window shuts mid September. Did look bad though couldn't walk on it .

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

100%

With Archer & Bidace likely heading out the door and assuming Buendia & Mings are done for the season, this is what we are currently left with I think. Moreno, Ramsey, Coutinho, Zaniolo and Dendoncker are currently injured.

We need some sort of RB/CB cover and ideally another option in LM. It looks like it could get a little thin pretty quickly.

93430993c5203565849ffd2f5c224c4e.png

3 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

With Archer & Bidace likely heading out the door and assuming Buendia & Mings are done for the season, this is what we are currently left with I think. Moreno, Ramsey, Coutinho, Zaniolo and Dendoncker are currently injured.

We need some sort of RB/CB cover and ideally another option in LM. It looks like it could get a little thin pretty quickly.

Feeling confident we have several deals lined up…

Unai has clearly stated he wants two good options for all positions, needs a strong squad (“lot of players”) for the season, we want to compete in every competition, we will be active until the close of window.

Monchi has said more players are on the way and that he wants to provide Unai with the strongest possible squad, has more capacity and resources here than at any previous club but we can’t go “crazy”… “more players will arrive”…

the sales/deals we are doing with our youngsters suggests more activity too and gives us more capability… if only we could shift Hause and Davis…

They’ve constantly talked about how active and busy we are… no signs of slowing down… it’s just that negotiations (especially for higher quality players) are more difficult and take more time…

It’s a very busy period behind the scenes and hardly anyone is privy to what’s going on…

Absolutely agree that Cash needs competition… he is way too comfortable and unchallenged for his position…

24 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I've a feeling we might see Dendonker play RB. He's played plenty of games in PL as part of a back 3 on the right. He didn't get games in preseason so we don't know where he might be used especially now Mings is injured