Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

We need to sign players, but they need to be players who were under consideration long term anyway. There's no way we can lose Beundia and Mings for a season (potentially) and do nothing. Knee jerk signings will screw us for 3 to 4 years. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

We need to sign players, but they need to be players who were under consideration long term anyway. There's no way we can lose Beundia and Mings for a season (potentially) and do nothing. Knee jerk signings will screw us for 3 to 4 years. 

We have to operate within the rules of FFP.

I'm not sure how much more we can do at this point.

May need to be creative

• Like 4

The issue now is that selling clubs know that we need replacements for a third of our first team who are off with long term injuries, so they will inflate their prices....

Awful to lose Mings, we rely a lot on his vocal organisation on the pitch and without him where is the leader in our team?

2 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Awful to lose Mings, we rely a lot on his vocal organisation on the pitch and without him where is the leader in our team?

Martinez is the most vocal after Mings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stratvillan said:

Too soon man too soon 

3 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Martinez is the most vocal after Mings.

Still think you need a leader to manage the defence and set up the offside traps.........

........talking of which does anyone know what the offside rule is, as I have no idea now. In my world at least one of their goals 3 were in an offside position when the ball was played forward....and yet they weren't in the eyes of VAR

We needed 2 more already, now we need 4 (to replace Mings and Buendia).

RB (to replace Mings and keep Konsa in the middle)

Wide midfield (to replace Buendia in competition with McGinn/Ramsey)

ST 

DM (To replace Dendonker if someone comes in for him)

In that order

12 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

RB, CB, RW, CF

We need to spend another £100 million easily. 

Agree……but what we need to do and what we are able to do are 2 very different things unfortunately. 

11 minutes ago, eholm said:

Agree……but what we need to do and what we are able to do are 2 very different things unfortunately. 

Plus they need to be successful. Some guy on Villa podcast talking about the 6 factors of a new signing for any team and the desired percentages in each category on balance the percentage of any new signing for any team averages out at 53% chance of success

• Like 1

Any first team targets we have, we may possibly need to go down the loan to buy route to comply with FFP.

I think we are all in agreement that a starting right back is required

A starting winger / inside forward is required

That doesn't include a striker 

Unless we can ship out 2 or 3 of our squad for decent money such as donk, Chambers, bailey, big phil then the reported zaniolo transfer arrangement may have to be used for anyone incoming.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

We have got to strengthen…

It really will be disastrous if we suffer any further injuries…

But I’ve also been wondering just how much(?) stronger that first team is out there than it was last season?

No doubt we have a better squad and some key, injured players to return…

But how much have we “elevated” that first 11??

Emi and Ty injuries have hit us so hard… we have to try and use that as motivation and fight for them out on that pitch…

Long season ahead, one poor performance and one poor/embarrassing result certainly does not define it.

Surely onwards n upwards from here.

Unai will get it right.

Hard to say as its only one game but my observations after one game is we need a right back to keep cash on his toes. After that woeful performance yesterday he should be dropped next week but he wont as there is no one else. 

Striker another position that needs filling honestly watkins still missing sitters is frustrating.  But dispute that we have no one else so that is required.

Bailey looked utterly shit yesterday. The difference between him and diaby was for all to see. We need competition there.

And also cover for martinez as i thjnk if olsen waa in goal yesterday it would have been more than 5 conceded 

Thats also not to mention abotuee cb now after that injury.

So thats at least 5 more players we need 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hard to say as its only one game but my observations after one game is we need a right back to keep cash on his toes. After that woeful performance yesterday he should be dropped next week but he wont as there is no one else. 

Chambers has more career games at RB than any other position 104. That's 27 less than Cash who was RM at Forest before moved to RB. Konsa can play RB too

I just can’t see us suddenly getting another 4 in. Zaniolo looks likely and now, after Ty’s injury, a new RB is a must. A like-for-like replacement Mings is beyond our finances at present I would suggest - I think Unai will go with the options he has and trust them to step up. 

A striker was probably only going to come in if we could sell Archer so that could still happen. So that would be the only way we get 3 new signings in. 

Obvs the loan market will look to be utilised more now si that could be a more creative way to circumvent FFP. 

Of course, NSWE may just gamble and over extend from an FFP perspective in the hope that doing so dramatically increases our revenue…..but that would be for future seasons and I just feel we are being very hamstrung by FFP this season. 

I remember it being pointed out last season before his injury that Carlos had been identified as a vocal leader (and speaks English) - so maybe it's his time to be the hero, not just one of "The other guys"

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Striker another position that needs filling honestly watkins still missing sitters is frustrating.  But dispute that we have no one else so that is required.

Bailey looked utterly shit yesterday. The difference between him and diaby was for all to see. We need competition there.

And also cover for martinez as i thjnk if olsen waa in goal yesterday it would have been more than 5 conceded 

Thats also not to mention abotuee cb now after that injury.

So thats at least 5 more players we need 

Why do we need a cb? We have Torres, Carlos, Konsa and Chambers 

48 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I remember it being pointed out last season before his injury that Carlos had been identified as a vocal leader (and speaks English) - so maybe it's his time to be the hero, not just one of "The other guys"

Only 4 of out starting 11 are native English speakers