Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Yes and No.

Unai is clearly an incredible coach and manager, being able to elevate the players.

BUT - it's those players that are playing at that level. Them under-performing previously could be just as likely down to the previous managers' lack of ability.

Gerrard coaching this lot was like Mr Blobby driving a Formula 1 car. You couldn't blame the car for not winning any races.

Many of the same players were pretty inconsistent under Smith.  Some months we'd be like an F1 car, other months we'd look like a Robin Reliant with a missing front wheel.  I think the thing that has impressed me the most is that Emery's managed to find a much higher level of consistency than they've shown as a group before.  He's also adding absolute quality components into key areas of our F1 car to make it even more efficient.  We're getting close but during our pre-season testing shake-downs I think we'll find another couple of upgrade packages being added ahead of the season opener.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

We need another striker.

The drop off in terms of quality from Watkins is massive.

Archer isn't ready.

Watkins was way off the pace today too tbf. Harsh to judge Archer when the whole intensity had dropped with all the changes. 

19 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So you’re concerned by the fact he had an issue and sort out help from a psychologist and improved - ok 😂

Just highlighting a potential issue which may return, response wasn’t warranted 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Just highlighting a potential issue which may return, response wasn’t warranted 

Your concerns on someone who struggled mentally then sort help and get better wasn't warranted and was misguided imo but ok 😂

Guess you’re also concerned about Mings as well who’s spoken out about his mental health struggles ? Oh and Emi Martinez 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Your concerns on someone who struggled mentally then sort help and get better wasn't warranted and was misguided imo but ok 😂

I stated my response already , its called a forum where we have a discussion about a matter and put mature points across

Edited by RicRic

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm actually annoyed that he hasn't been involved in this pre season tournament, especially with it being in the US, thought it would have been good.

Extremely! , where is he again?

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

I stated my response already , its called a forum where we have a discussion about a matter and put mature points across

What’s not mature about pointing out the error of your argument ? Guess you must be really concerned about a lot then … 

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Extremely! , where is he again?

That's the other thing, circumstances of him missing seem a mystery to me.

Although Emery has named dropped him as having a role to play so who knows.

Perhaps private life stuff?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That's the other thing, circumstances of him missing seem a mystery to me.

Although Emery has named dropped him as having a role to play so who knows.

Perhaps private life stuff?

He's injured apparently. Expected back soon though. It's a shame he couldn't go on the tour, would have been valuable minutes for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

And your response prompted an additional response. The beauty of the forum where we have a discussion and put mature points across.

You're concerned that someone who acknowledged they were having mental health difficulties sought help. Others have stated that's a, to be polite, alternative view point.

He should be applauded not castigated.

• Like 1

Interesting that bit of a transfer rumour I got from the love of Paul Magrath, same guy has just posted on the post match show that media will start reporting on the incoming player in next 72 hrs ....   should be interesting 🤔 

• Like 2

In his post match interview today Emery said "I want to be competitive (in all four competitions) and we will need a lot of players". After seeing the drop off in preseason when our first teamers have been subbed off this may push him to bring more in.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Interesting that bit of a transfer rumour I got from the love of Paul Magrath, same guy has just posted on the post match show that media will start reporting on the incoming player in next 72 hrs ....   should be interesting 🤔 

any clues and his he reliable

20 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Interesting but how would he know the media will start reporting it?

• Like 1