Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

34 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Adequate? Sure, and I’ve covered this in my comments. And yeah, only worth selling him for a decent fee - even if we just get back what we paid…

I’m not going to be upset or worried if he sticks around. I’m not demanding that he be sold either. He is useful. 

But if Unai wants a better or more suitable player to replace him… who are we to argue?

I do want Olsen gone and replaced though…

That’s the one player I personally want to see improved on.

👍 agreed & yes Olsen needs upgrading, think his shot stopping is fine but how we play with him using his feet is a worry. Will find it hard to bring someone in knowing it's Martinez as number 1, probs will be an up and coming keeper, that will settle for few cup games & Learning from the man himself in training, & can use his feet obviously.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think it's mainly @Vive_La_Villa who " hates " Dendonker to be fair 😂

Starting to realise that, every poster has that ONE player they can't stand, for one reason or another lol

I just said he was average (changed from shit) and gave my reasons. Then I left the building. Whatever happened after that isn’t on me ! 🤣 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If good offers come in and we have replacements lined up, then yeah sell them. 

McGinn was so cheep it’s impossible to not be able to flip a profit on him. Same with the other 2 when you think about it. So there’s no rush to sell any of them. 

but we should looking for their potential replacements. In particular Martinez. We got a GK spot open to develop his replacement 

The problem with that approach is we'd be selling those players to the teams we're trying to compete with (or jump above), and would have to spend the same amount of money we'd get by selling Martinez/McGinn/Luiz to get players to replace them like for like. We weren't able to replace Grealish when we sold him, Spurs couldn't replace Bale, and West Ham won't be able to replace Rice. If we're trying to jump above the teams above us we have to keep hold of our best players - not sell them to those clubs.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Starting to realise that, every poster has that ONE player they can't stand, for one reason or another lol

It's still NRC for me. ;)

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Need a new attacker/forward too.

Watkins
Diaby
Bailey
Archer
Duran
Traore
Buendia and Coutinho in an emergency.

Don't see how we fit another attacker in there unless some of them are leaving.

Edited by duke313

3 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

The problem with that approach is we'd be selling those players to the teams we're trying to compete with (or jump above), and would have to spend the same amount of money we'd get by selling Martinez/McGinn/Luiz to get players to replace them like for like. We weren't able to replace Grealish when we sold him, Spurs couldn't replace Bale, and West Ham won't be able to replace Rice. If we're trying to jump above the teams above us we have to keep hold of our best players - not sell them to those clubs.

That’s ffp football for you. 

clubs like villa can’t just keep our best players for eternity. There’s a time we are forced to sell, due to no contract signings or we need to balance the books. 

It’s fine if we can match our commercial revenue with the big clubs, but some time off that and in the mean time to balence the books we need to sell players. Selectively when we can. For example I believe we can get a minor profit on Dendonker if we sold him now. Also he wouldn’t be missed an awful lot 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Our 5th choice CM / 3rd choice DCM needs to be better than Belgiums starting CM?

Not going to happen is it? The bloke gets an unfair rep here for what he actually is

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Mistake at Stevenage aside what has he actually done wrong? He's played well and carried out his job well.

I remember Kamara making a similar mistake and costing us a game, yet nobody is calling him shit. 

My post was referring to more of keeping the numbers for squad depth rather than focusing on that said player if you will.

I never said he was shit.

You would have to do this with any player. For example, if you sold Watkins, he need to be replaced with a quality signing too.

I am not fussed about Denbonker really if he stayed or was sold, as long as he was replaced with quality then that's all that matters I suppose.

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Watkins
Diaby
Bailey
Archer
Duran
Traore

I think Duran might go out on loan.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Tràoré moved on and also hopefully Coutinho. That deoends though if "Steven Gerrard's Al-Etiffaq" can produce a moment of magic in the transfer window and relieve us of his services.

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I wouldn't be suprised to see Tràoré moved on and also hopefully Coutinho. That deoends though if "Steven Gerrard's Al-Etiffaq" can produce a moment of magic in the transfer window and relieve us of his services.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Emery has come out and said Duran ain't going anywhere mate.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He's staying, the Don confirmed.

25 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Watkins
Diaby
Bailey
Archer
Duran
Traore

Nah we need another forward none of those are enough talent regardless of how many we have

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It all kicked off!   Dangerous having a negative opinion on one of our own players these days. Unless it’s Bailey of course then you can knock yourself out !

I hear Donk might go out on loan. 

I think it's a lesson to us all that it's important to not be hyperbolic. 

Because if Dendoncker is shit, there's not really anywhere to go beyond that, so how on earth are we to describe how bed-shittingly appalling Robin Olsen is?!