Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

I don't think we were ever in for Barnes. We still need another forward. A striker preferably, but maybe another winger who can cover both. Or better yet, two players.

Definitely another right back. Dumfries would be nice maybe? And a backup GK.
3 or 4 more in. 4 or 5 out. Yes, I'm greedy but its what we need.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I don't think we were ever in for Barnes. We still need another forward. A striker preferably, but maybe another winger who can cover both. Or better yet, two players.

We don't necessarily have to do all that this window.  I can't see 4 or 5 more coming in this window, 1 or 2 max.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Yep, reckon we will do all of that and maybe another midfielder. Still firmly believe the owners are going for a UCL spot this season.

• Like 2

Have I missed anyone? Not definitive lineups but just to outlay the options we have. If Coutinho’s sold then Traore to come in and maybe alternate with Bailey.

Ramsey to replace/rotate/compete with McGinn or Buendia when fit…

We could strengthen in attack, need a RB and Olsen replacement.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

Have I missed anyone? Not definitive lineups but just to outlay the options we have. If Coutinho’s sold then Traore to come in and maybe alternate with Bailey.

Ramsey to replace/rotate/compete with McGinn or Buendia when fit…

We could strengthen in attack, need a RB and Olsen replacement.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The attacking 3 behind Ollie can all alternate positions…

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We don't necessarily have to do all that this window.  I can't see 4 or 5 more coming in this window, 1 or 2 max.

I think it’ll depend on how many go out.  If quite a number go out then I could see 3, 4 or 5 coming in.  If we sell somebody like Bailey or Coutinho that will increase the numbers coming in as well imo.

17 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

3 or 4 more in. 4 or 5 out. Yes, I'm greedy but it’s what we need.

We could see that amount of activity happening… especially if we’re successful in completing our outgoing transfers…

I think we need a RB who’s more focussed on defending and probably better at it than attacking…

Rather than a marauding fullback like Moreno…

We may want to switch attacking sides but Cash is the only proper RB we have and we need someone who can oust or push him… unless we’re serious about putting Konsa there, I don’t think a player like Dumfries or Frimpong are suited to our setup…

Edited by Jas10

11 minutes ago, Awol said:

Yep, reckon we will do all of that and maybe another midfielder. Still firmly believe the owners are going for a UCL spot this season.

If 5th qualifies… I can see us going for it, yeah. Why not have that intent and ambition anyway? Go for it and if it doesn’t happen, no big deal…

I think we’ve got more strengthening to do in that case…

Edited by Jas10

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We could see that amount of activity happening… especially if we’re successful in completing our outgoing transfers…

I think we need a RB who’s more focussed on defending and probably better at it than attacking…

We may want to switch attacking sides but Cash is the only proper RB we have and we need someone who can oust or push him… unless we’re serious about putting Konsa there, I don’t think a player like Dumfries or Frimpong are suited to our system…

I don’t think our system is set in stone 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We may want to switch attacking sides but Cash is the only proper RB we have and we need someone who can oust or push him… unless we’re serious about putting Konsa there, I don’t think a player like Dumfries or Frimpong are suited to our setup…

That's what's been suggested by most on here, but I think if Emery was going to entertain the idea of playing Konsa at RB, we would have seen in by now.  Cash played the whole game at RB vs Newcastle, the only one not to be subbed.  I think that says it all in what Emery thinks of Konsa at RB.

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I don’t think our system is set in stone 

Quite possible but I guess what I mean is… the number of “defensively proficient players” we have.

CBs are sorted, but I think we need another full back or hybrid player who is strong defensively…

I don’t think we can be sure of Cash at this moment, how well he is going to do or “fit”…

That’s not saying he won’t and he won’t improve but… he’s looking like our only option there at the moment unless we stick a “cover player” in, which isn’t ideal. There must be a reason an intention behind letting Young leave… 

I think we could do with or sign a defensively sound RB who can either replace or properly push Cash for that position… 

Even if we switch things up… it’d be a useful and beneficial addition to the squad…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

That's what's been suggested by most on here, but I think if Emery was going to entertain the idea of playing Konsa at RB, we would have seen in by now.  Cash played the whole game at RB vs Newcastle, the only one not to be subbed.  I think that says it all in what Emery thinks of Konsa at RB.

The question is… what to do we do when Cash is unavailable?

And do we know if he is the first or preferred option in that position, in Unai’s eyes…?

13 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The question is… what to do we do when Cash is unavailable?

And do we know if he is the first or preferred option in that position, in Unai’s eyes…?

I’m sure we’ll buy RB but people tend to think plonking a CB at RB = defensive RB but it doesn’t work that way in a Unai Emery team we need a player that technically sound with the ball at his feet and able to play himself out of dangerous positions/situations we tend to build predominantly from the right also , people always mention Foyth at Villarreal but ignore the fact that he was rotated heavily. 

6 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

So is Archer officially back in the fold now?

I think like the other kids on the tour, Emery is assessing them while they away before deciding next steps.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Anyone on this list we could possibly bring in?

Emi 👑 

A replacement for Emi? Back up keepers are the likes of Begovic, Olsen or young GK not primo GKs happy to rot on the bench 

20 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

RB and backup GK and we are done and what a transfer window it will have been. 
I believe we’d struggle to get a decent striker happy to sit on the bench, think we should go with Archer and Duran as third choice.

Not sure if a purchased second striker would get splinters in his arse with all the games Villa have to play? I honestly feel Villa are still a little short in quality depth.

Remember how Spam played in the Premiership last season with a dearth of quality depth. 

Villa will still need more if they are serious about doing well in Europe, cups and league?

A decent 2nd keeper, RB and striker is a must along with an alternative DM if Dendoncker leaves.

Edited by striker
  • Like 3

I think Emery will want a RB who can defend and support the attack. Not as aggressive as Moreno maybe but certainly not an auxillary centre half, rather a versatile mobile intelligent player. And I don't think Konsa can play right back except in emergencies.

I think Traore will be off to be honest. Philogene will feature more. I love Bertie's outrageous moments and will be sad to see him go, but he just doesn't keep it up for a whole game, when fit. Aaron Ramsey will be knocking on the door soon too. I still wouldn't be surprised to see another winger / striker come in. I think we'll move between formations more this coming season.

I'd love to see Coutinho show what he can do too but his lack of mobility may be the end of him in the PL so may well be off. Olsen is just shite. Sanson already leaving. So there's 4 of the 5 outs. Hause, Wesley, Davies... there should be a fair bit of room for more incomings.

• Like 2