Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

They can barely afford to register their own players. In what world can they afford Felix either on loan or permanent? 

Such a mad statement but context is key. Not sure what it is in this case. I’d still love us to sign him. 

If anyone can make up some random numbers that satisfy both the regulators and both clubs it’s Barcelona. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

They can barely afford to register their own players. In what world can they afford Felix either on loan or permanent? 

Such a mad statement but context is key. Not sure what it is in this case. I’d still love us to sign him. 

The fact that Barca can't "come and get him" makes this even worse. 

He is now stuck at a direct rival with no other plausible offers on the table having just told the Atleti board that he's desperate to join said direct rival. 

What a clearing in the woods. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yep, we don’t know the context. What was the question and the nature/background of the reply?

I suppose most players would love to play for Barca… so it’s a “general” statement for many…

But, if he’s actually trying to push for a move there somehow… it’s pretty bloody foolish 😆

• Like 2

Just now, Steero113 said:

The fact that Barca can't "come and get him" makes this even worse. 

He is now stuck at a direct rival with no other plausible offers on the table having just told the Atleti board that he's desperate to join said direct rival. 

What a clearing in the woods. 

He has made it pretty much impossible to be part of the squad, 

A lot seem to think its a mistake on his end but now athletico are in a position where they need to listen to offers even if they are quiet a bit less, that only helps Felix 

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

He has made it pretty much impossible to be part of the squad, 

A lot seem to think its a mistake on his end but now athletico are in a position where they need to listen to offers even if they are quiet a bit less, that only helps Felix 

Maybe Felix is the smart one after all! 

• Like 1

The number ten we want will probably turn out to be someone we haven't been linked with yet, there was no speculation about Diaby until a week or so ago, now looks like that could happen very soon if it's going to happen at all, there were no links to Doku, now he's been linked by one of the more reliable journalists (whether you like him or not), so probably some truth to our interest in him, beforehand no links, and Tielemans pretty much came from nowhere too.

• Like 1

Don’t think Barca even want or have considered him… their finances have been in such a mess. They’ve probably got enough attackers as it is and are possibly trying to be more frugal… recently signed that young Brazilian too…

If they are… there are moves that could be made to make it happen… players they could shift to make room…

They could even arrange a player(s) exchange deal with Atletico… send a few their way and bring João in…

I can’t see it though…

Felix’s value is plummeting, but he needs to accept a considerable wage cut before he goes anywhere really…  

All the talk of Felix, Gonçalves, and so on, but we will probably go and sign a completely different No.10 that's barely been mentioned in the media, as is so oft our way 🫡🥶

I mean, it’s entirely possible he was just asked, “What do you think of Barca? Would you like to play for them?”… possibly by a local journalist or something too 🤣

No one knows atm, how was he being interviewed? By who? Where? How long ago?

I don’t know.

But, what Romano has tweeted is arguably pure clickbait too 😆 🤷‍♂️

Would be good to get some extra information and clarity…

Hardly surprising that he wants/needs to leave (or is unwanted), that’s old news…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, useless said:

All the talk of Felix, Gonçalves, and so on, but we will probably go and sign a completely different No.10 that's barely been mentioned in the media, as is so oft our way 🫡🥶

That would be lovely, as long as it’s a top class player.

Sure it will be because it will be Unai’s choice.

It’s extra enjoyable/satisfying when/if we sign a player that no one or the media in particular has mentioned or considered…

The Goncalves links has gone very quite though… could still be a possibility… and may be fairly unexpected…

OR CHIESA

Edited by Jas10

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Yes, if you work on the basis that €50m is not a significant risk. 

Was going to put more but then cut it - yeah €50m is a big risk but show me a player who doesn’t have some risks, whether it’s a big fee, lack of experience, poor form, injuries, whatever it is all transfers are a risk. This lad has played a lot of games at a high level (not PL level but no league is IMO) with well over 100 starts in the last 3 seasons in all comps so in that regard he is tried and tested, certainly his current team trusts him. €50m is a big fee but the transfer market is so obscene nowadays so it’s not mega-money in the grand scheme of things, it’s only £5m more than Buendia (inc add ons) for example.

Edited by david-avfc

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Felix seems to be a complete idiot.

Stay away villa. Even if he comes he won't be committed that much is clear.

I still find these comments “problematic” even if they seem more likely to be true…

Again, we have little to no context. I still don’t think we should be making judgements on his character… why are so many people convinced that he’s a bad guy, diva etc?

I’ve never believed we would actually sign him but I’m just not on board with people claiming that there’s something wrong with him etc. where are they getting their information from? If I actually see something conclusive or substantial, I’ll join the “club” but for now I’m out…

I’m gonna start repeating myself all over again now 🤣

But I’m sure Unai does not think poorly of the player or his character/personality, otherwise there would never have been any interest and he wouldn’t have spoke so positively about him…

🤷‍♂️

Ah forget it 🤣

Edited by Jas10

If I’m being completely honest, and not allowing myself to dream (or have fun 😆) or have “higher aspirations” or ideas… I suppose I actually think that the level of a player like Diaby is… as high as we can go atm… and that deal isn’t over the line yet anyway…

But, we haven’t previously been at this stage so that’s a more positive way of looking at it…

Maybe if Ferran could be convinced, it might indicate we can stretch a little further in terms of “profile”…

It would be extremely difficult to attract players “above that” and cost prohibitive…

The most likely approach we may take is to sign lesser known players that are on the way or have the potential to reach or even surpass that level…

Over to you Monchi…

• Thanks 1

No to Felix, talent alone is not enough to be worth pursuing. 

I don't want any player that is commanding a transfer fee or wages based solely on what he might deliver.

Joao never has actually delivered, not in my opinion anyway!

• Like 3