Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, Jas10 said:

Ah, so an actual clown would’ve been better. Nice. 🤣

To be serious for a second, given the competitiveness of the business of top flight football, especially with the money in the PL, it is astounding that either of those two managed to get anywhere near the managers job for three seperate historic clubs. 

It's absolutely mental when you think about it. 

25 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I hope they do terribly and Poch is sacked by Xmas. 

My point, however, was that how do we know that Felix wouldn't thrive and be incredible under Emery, look at what he's done with our other underachievers.

If it was a loan (which is very likely if we do something) then it would be worth the outlay to at least see imo. 

A loan I wouldn't be against.

He signs on loan, Emery works his magic and he turns out to be a good addition to the squad then we should then consider buying him (might be slightly cheaper by then too?)

I think that would be the sensible approach.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

To be serious for a second, given the competitiveness of the business of top flight football, especially with the money in the PL, it is astounding that either of those two managed to get anywhere near the managers job for three seperate historic clubs. 

It's absolutely mental when you think about it. 

Couldn’t agree more. What a joke. 

• Like 1

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

A loan I wouldn't be against.

He signs on loan, Emery works his magic and he turns out to be a good addition to the squad then we should then consider buying him (might be slightly cheaper by then too?)

I think that would be the sensible approach.

That is the only approach. 

Atletico tied him to a new contract before he went on loan to Chelsea to protect his value. 

We will only be looking at a loan (with an option I assume), nothing else. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Emery confirmed we were interested in January, he’s still available now so I’d say he is absolutely what we’re looking for 

If he puts his dour Chelsea spell behind him and ever worked out for us then bonus!..

It's a try before we buy on this one so no harm.

Work out a decent future fee in the deal and hopefully everything turns good when it comes to that stage.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

That is the only approach. 

Atletico tied him to a new contract before he went on loan to Chelsea to protect his value. 

We will only be looking at a loan (with an option I assume), nothing else. 

It’s best we have something pre arranged or organised.

If we manage to get him on loan and playing well, there will be plenty of vultures…

Anyway, this is all dreamland stuff really and he’s gonna end up at PSG 🤣

Can we still have Chiesa though? 😮 

🤣

It’s crazy the players we are even getting linked to, let alone actually signing. Good times…

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Haaland would have looked dogs**t in that absolute train wreck of a Chelsea side last season. 

I actually thought Felix looked brilliant for Chelsea when I saw him play. Which admittedly wasn’t very often

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s best we have something pre arranged or organised.

If we manage to get him on loan and playing well, there will be plenty of vultures…

Anyway, this is all dreamland stuff really and he’s gonna end up at PSG 🤣

Can we still have Chiesa though? 😮 

🤣

It’s crazy the players we are even getting linked to, let alone actually signing. Good times…

PSG have Asensio and Lee Kang-In.

It might be a possibility for Villa....

Just wonder if Man Poo would fancy him?

Felix is almost tailor made for our system, and where we need to improve. Getting him would be fantastic. Attitude wise, I don't know, but I'm sure Unai does.

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

PSG have Asensio and Lee Kang-In.

It might be a possibility for Villa....

Just wonder if Man Poo would fancy him?

I’ll be honest, it’s highly unlikely and will be a hard and expensive deal to negotiate and finalise.

But, if we have a genuine chance, why not?

Unai is clearly interested, wanted him in Jan and even spoke on it in a press conference! Maybe he can persuade him this time….

Maybe Joao can realise we have a good thing going here and take a different approach….

Maybe not 😂

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Felix is almost tailor made for our system, and where we need to improve. Getting him would be fantastic. Attitude wise, I don't know, but I'm sure Unai does.

He would excel in that supporting role for Ollie/CF and under Unai’s management, I’m sure of it. 

Imo, the only issues here are financial and persuading him to join…

• Like 1

I used to have strong opinions on various transfer targets but I’m that confident in our manager that whoever is good enough for him is good enough for me. 

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1