Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Brentford being well in for Brennan Johnson, even bidding £30m(!) for him makes me feel a lot better to be honest. They know what they're doing.

It's a shame Purslow isn't driving our transfers anymore because he REALLY knew what he was doing. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Hahah is chiesa a left or right winger ? I like our ambition if true

Predominantly left but can play anywhere in an attacking sense really, on the wing or supporting the CF.

He’s awesome, one of my faves.

51 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I really can't agree here, CV.
We have Kamara, Luiz and Tielemans as out and out CM's I'd say. McGinn is also arguably just as good there as the aforementioned (see performance vs. Spurs). So, you've effectively got 4 players fighting for 2 positions.

What we could do with, is one or two wide players to compete with McGinn and Ramsey. Then you have real competition out wide, safe in the knowledge that both McGinn and Ramsey can do a job either in the middle or on the flanks. 

CM and CB are covered now. We really shouldn't be investing in any more players in these positions until the forward/wide positions are sorted. That goes out of the window if somebody like Luiz, Mings, Konsa leaves obvs.

Well it would be competition for ramsey as he looks to play further forward toward the flank but mcginn is in the middle of a three just out to the right slightly more and thats where tielemans can also play, so tielemans can step in for mcginn and luiz if needed, and thats if he doesn’t start more games then not.

Just now, Jas10 said:

Predominantly left but can play anywhere in an attacking sense really, on the wing or supporting the CF.

He’s awesome, one of my faves.

So would that be where we ramsey normally play id presume or similar 

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

If we sign Chiesa, I will live stream a video of me eating a hat. An actual cotton hat. 

That’s fairly mild mate 🤣

I might spontaneously combust!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

If we sign him, hopefully he’ll be a right jem.

He's Brazilian though, I thought we might be after more RGs, maybe Dybala to add some Prestige.

Just now, RicRic said:

Is that someone you want us to sign ?

Not particularly if I'm honest. I'm indifferent on him. On the one hand, he knows the league, scores goals and is a good age, BUT he's going to be expensive and I'm sure there is better out there for half the price in Europe. 

It would just be a bit....Vanilla. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not particularly if I'm honest. I'm indifferent on him. On the one hand, he knows the league, scores goals and is a good age, BUT he's going to be expensive and I'm sure there is better out there for half the price in Europe. 

It would just be a bit....Vanilla. 

As much as some Talksport and other pundits talk shite they say will top 6 side come in for Barnes and answer is always he's missing some attributes for a top 6 team, which I agree with, so why would we set our sights low? He's a signing under Smith when we're mid table aspirations. If we did sign him it wouldn't be the end of the world but hoped Monchi/Emery has some better targets

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

As much as some Talksport and other pundits talk shite they say will top 6 side come in for Barnes and answer is always he's missing some attributes for a top 6 team, which I agree with, so why would we set our sights low? He's a signing under Smith when we're mid table aspirations. If we did sign him it wouldn't be the end of the world but hoped Monchi/Emery has some better targets

I agree. There has to be better out there for a similar/much less cost. 

I find the links to Barnes and Johnson confusing tbh. I think it's clear at this juncture that we are interested in both, I just really thought this window would be different. 

We definitely scout domestically but it doesn’t mean that these are priority signings or indeed signings we’d make. Are they bad players? Of course not. It’s just a lazy link to make. From the Spanish to the British press we’ve been linked with dozens of names. It’s just something we will just adjust to. It doesn’t mean it’s not less exciting. I would say the Johnson stuff is the most speculative. Nor have I seen anything conclusive about Barnes either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We definitely scout domestically but it doesn’t mean that these are priority signings or indeed signings we’d make. Are they bad players? Of course not. It’s just a lazy link to make. From the Spanish to the British press we’ve been linked with dozens of names. It’s just something we will just adjust to. It doesn’t mean it’s not less exciting. I would say the Johnson stuff is the most speculative. Nor have I seen anything conclusive about Barnes either. 

Are they lazy links ( maybe some) or are they just genuine lines of enquiry?

We may not have hard and fast targets, but quite a few optional targets, to which we test the water, to check out the best deals.

We have seen from the Declan Rice, and Harry Kane saga's....when the club don't want to sell....you have to pay through the nose.

I get the impression, our club don't want to pay through the nose, for anyone, (hence the slowish burn).....and I don't blame them.

Edited by TRO

16 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

No we are really interested in +70 players since January and none of the links are made up rubbish...

Of course the majority are made up. It's called click bait

Thats not what, I was trying to say....sure some links are far fetched, but I think some of the links to us, are made, when the journo knows they are going somewhere else, to paint a dull picture of us.....just my suspicion.

You don't know what is made up or genuine, until it happens....Pau Torres, could have been made up, but it was genuine.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Oh FWIW, I DO think we'll sign Harvey Barnes. 

Yeah I think it's sign for us or stay with Leicester. His missus is pregnant and he's just bought a new house in the Woodhouse in Leicestershire.