Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Tielemans is still 25/26 isn't he?

Leicester should've cashed in last summer and he lost his way there in last 18 months but top quality when on form for them.

I can remember some ITK last August saying we were interested in him so perhaps this is more club/Lange deal regardless of who the coach is.

I actually don't think it would be a bad pickup. Guy with excellent premier league and european experience who can chip in with goals and decent passing and not like he'll just be starting every week if he's playing poorly given how much quality we've got in central midfield now.

Different profile but he could be Dendoncker's replacement for all we know. Or just replace Sanson and Nakamba in our general squad given both will be moving on permanently soon.

42 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Tielemans.... why.

Not an upgrade on anything we have.

I don't care if he's free he's lazy and crap.

A complete waste of wages.

dont want him  another free kamara omly good free   if thats the standard were aiming for i will be very dissapointed and shows lange should be moved on

41 minutes ago, burchy said:

I think we’re trying to stretch our budget with a free or two. I’d be happy with Tielemans as comp for that RM/McGinn role.

If we got him on a free I’d like us to try for Arda Guler though too. I know Newcastle are sniffing but he’d be a good young player to pick up now before his stock rises further. 

cant be much of a budget

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Who does he upgrade?  McGinn, Douglas Luiz, Kamara, & JJ are all better than him.  He's be fighting with Dendoncker for rotation spots, IMO.  

If Emery wants him, I'll 100% back him to be a success, but I don't think we'll be interested in any of Leicester's players.  

I said he upgrades our squad, which he does. Tielemans at his best is still an upgrade on both Ramsey and McGinn, the question is whether he still has his best football in front of him and will Emery make him a better player as with the rest of our squad?

Ill leave it to the Manager if this is a target player for the club.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

doesn't look like tammy will be on the move!

That is an astonishing blow for Roma. They needed that sale.

Mourinho certain to leave IMO. The club financially worse off than when he came in, as the prophecy foretold. 

5 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I said he upgrades our squad, which he does. Tielemans at his best is still an upgrade on both Ramsey and McGinn, the question is whether he still has his best football in front of him and will Emery make him a better player as with the rest of our squad?

Nah.

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Nonsense

It was also nonsense that 12 months ago most people were thinking McGinn wasn’t good enough to take us forward to the Top 6-7. His form for the club for the previous 12 months hadn’t been great.

Sometimes perspective and opportunity is required.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So you don’t want Tielemans?

I've already posted if player x not good enough for teams above us then we shouldn't be interested either. Poor attitude and form this season. Lazy link anyway

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

It was also nonsense that 12 months ago most people were thinking McGinn wasn’t good enough to take us forward to the Top 6-7. His form for the club for the previous 12 months hadn’t been great.

Sometimes perspective and opportunity is required.

I didn't write Mcginn off like some

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

kamara, mcginn and JJ play in different positions. in terms of the '8' role we pretty much just have luiz and dendonker. seen our bench last few games? we need more squad depth

We need quality additions to the 1st team, forcing players like Bailey, Buendia, and JJ to the bench to be rotation options/bench players.  Tielemans isn't better than anyone in our staring midfield, IMO.  He would be a very expensive body for our bench demanding a big sign on fee and wages.  You don't move up the table by upgrading your bench, you get better by buying better players for you starting 11 and pushing the former starters to the bench.  We've been linked to quality players like this (Guendouzi, Merino, Ugarte, etc.) but Tielemans isn't on the same level.  Again, if Emery wants him, I'll back him fully to succeed at Villa, but I don't think Emery will be looking at him or Barnes, or anyone from the relegated sides this summer. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

Not at all.  I've actually watched a lot of Leicester this season which is why I don't want any of their players.  Tielemans is incredibly overrated by the neutrals and goes missing most games.  Leicester fans call him "the fat kid" because he's put on weight and didn't try at all this season.  Pop over to FoxesTalk and see how much he's getting slated by their fans.  They're all glad to be rid of him now, but he's somehow better than our best young player since Grealish and our resurgent captain, who has been a gladiator under Emery?  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Not at all.  I've actually watched a lot of Leicester this season which is why I don't want any of their players.  Tielemans is incredibly overrated by the neutrals and goes missing most games.  Leicester fans call him "the fat kid" because he's put on weight and didn't try at all this season.  Pop over to FoxesTalk and see how much he's getting slated by their fans.  They're all glad to be rid of him now, but he's somehow better than our best young player since Grealish and our resurgent captain, who has been a gladiator under Emery?  

I respect your opinion, but what I have seen of him there’s a player there, the question is whether his time has passed or whether it can be resurrected. Let’s see what happens.

5 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I respect your opinion, but what I have seen of him there’s a player there, the question is whether his time has passed or whether it can be resurrected. Let’s see what happens.

We're not a rehabilitation club for out of form players. Well hopefully not again after Coutinho 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, QldVilla said:

Tielemans at his best is still an upgrade on both Ramsey and McGinn

When his club most needed him he could not be arsed to put in the effort, he knew he was getting paid and then getting out of there whatever. Whether he is a good player (he's not as good as McGinn or JJ) is irrelevant if he's not going to put in the hard yards

• Like 2