Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

6 hours ago, thabucks said:

When did AWB become a wonder player ? Some moan about Cash’s limitations but then crow for AWB who is the definition of one in so many aspects… 1v1 not many can beat him but what else does he offer ? We moan about Dignes ability and wages but forget that AWB is on £150,000 pw and doubt he’ll take much of any of a reduction. 

Wan Bissaka will be just like when we had Neil Taylor at full back

• Like 1

I think we all want players better than what we already have.....but I think that is going to be tricky, after securing 1.96 points per game.

That would have us finishing c 3rd with the current crop of players, under our manager.

I think this summers business, is going to be hard work, as the final league placing, as good as it is, is not reflective of the work done under UE.....1.96 PPG is a statement on its own, and hard to supersede.

I am not trying to over praise our players, but its going to be hard to get better, through the door....unless we get a few inferior players in ,( who see us as a step up) who Unai can work his magic on, like he has with our current crop.

I watched the Europa final, and was hard pressed to swap any of our players for theirs, hypothetically speaking.

I hope it proves to be easier, than I am saying, but its just a hunch, I have.

Any prospective new recruit we are interetsed in,who has not done his due dilligence on us, is missing a trick, and subsequently possibly ,an iffy prospect.... we don't want any Delli Ali's or Ross Barkleys, big names with no substance.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, having now being experienced in the League, having been to our ground, and seeing that we are the greatest club which ever existed, he may be easier to get than Asensio ever was.

From having a meltdown about a random Bulgarian signing a few years ago to being linked with Asensio and Felix... things could be worse.

4 years younger as well.

Probably why he did nothing when we played them recently

He was at the wrong ground 😜

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Chelsea looking to offload Chalobah - could be a smart option for a couple of positions and with the ability to make one his own over the season? 

that's a very interesting shout. Chelsea getting rid of him with their defensive options would be interesting. If we are looking for a youngish CB that can come in and immediately challenge for playing time, I'd look at Callum Doyle from Manchester City. Was on loan with Sunderland a year ago, and with Cov this past year. Left footed and very promising with that League 1 & Championship experience already

2 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Felix going back to athletico it seems with poch not wanting to keep him. I wonder if we’ll try for him.

I'm not overly impressed with what I have seen, from Felix, but there again, nothing in that Chelsea team is playing well.

Unai could get  Felix playing up to his reputation, I guess.....only UE will know that.

Edited by TRO

6 minutes ago, bose said:

Haven’t rated Felix at all

I agree. I don't rate him either. He looked mediocre at a Chelsea team that finished 12th and Poch clearly doesn't rate him either.

I'm not sure what he would offer us imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Must admit I thought João Félix looked pretty average at Chelsea...

Perhaps that is due to their own problems; maybe Emery could improve him?

Difficult to judge his time at Chelsea tbf given how he's spent half of his time there under the only manager in the Prem this season who is worse than Gerrard (other than Jones ofc)

Edited by wishywashy

43 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wan Bissaka will be just like when we had Neil Taylor at full back

chatting absolute garbage

for the record i dont want AWB but can understand why others do due to his defensive abilities

• Like 2

I wouldn't judge Felix based on 4 months at Chelsea, for the following reasons...

• The club was/is in an absolute mess.
  • He was being managed by an unqualified manager in Lampard.
  • Was used in a very unsettled line-up, with lots of new players trying to adjust at the same time.
  • First experience in English football - we all know it takes time to settle in and adjust to the PL.

I'm in the camp with who believe Unai would get the best out of him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Felix going back to athletico it seems with poch not wanting to keep him. I wonder if we’ll try for him.

No way, we can’t pay the fee and wages required. Totally out of our league 

9 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

chatting absolute garbage

for the record i dont want AWB but can understand why others do due to his defensive abilities

How so? When Grealish didn't play teams gave us a free left side and let him have the ball. Would be same if we signed Wan Bissaka, teams usually allow United space when he has the ball

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

I think the interest from other big clubs has plummeted since his Chelsea loan.  He showed that he was a talented kid who can do a lot of tricks and flicks and occasionally dribble by a man, but his work rate and production was very low.  He is a very immature player, plus there were rumors of him and his entourage having one too many nights out in London during the season.  I think he has the potential to be an elite talent, but at 23 he needs to start putting in the work on the training ground and realizing it.  I have a feeling that Atletico will try to sell him to Newcastle for big money because he's significantly better than Anthony Gordon and they saw how much money the Saudis threw at them.  

I know Emery was interested in him last January and he confirmed our interest in a prematch presser, but I think the only way we'd actually get Felix is if nobody else offered Atletico as much as we would be willing to fork over for the transfer, and I don't think Emery will spend that much of our transfer budget on him.  

Newcastle would actually have a chance of getting him. They need to spend every FFP penny they can this summer