Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

Not saying, my season ticket has gone up much, but I'm probably funding the next player on my own.🙄

We always knew TRO stood for The Rich Oligarch 😉

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

As much as I love how far we have progressed I think this one is still beyond us 

I'm sure West Ham were linked a few months back looking at him as Rice replacement.

He's a fantastic player but not sure he's the right sort of profile for us as we'll be looking more for a wide midfielder.

31 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's barely played for about 18 months. Arsenal would still want 30m + so there's much better value out there. Smith Rowe will end up at Palace or Leicester.

No way would he drop to their level

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'm sure West Ham were linked a few months back looking at him as Rice replacement.

He's a fantastic player but not sure he's the right sort of profile for us as we'll be looking more for a wide midfielder.

isn’t Guendouzi a more central player and we’ve been after him.

Edited by nick76

Kokcu would be a very welcome signing, an all round midfielder who is already showing world class ability and captains Feyenoord at the age of 22 who are on the verge of winning their first title in 6 years. 

The only issue is the league is pretty weak and a lot of players signed from the Dutch league have flopped in the Prem before - but I have a feeling Kokcu would be a sensational signing if we could get him.

• Like 2

Just now, Leeroy said:

Kokcu would be a very welcome signing, an all round midfielder who is already showing world class ability and captains Feyenoord at the age of 22 who are on the verge of winning their first title in 6 years. 

The only issue is the league is pretty weak and a lot of players signed from the Dutch league have flopped in the Prem before - but I have a feeling Kokcu would be a sensational signing if we could get him.

We can ease him in given how good our midfielders are playing (and Kamara who's proved himself in other parts of the season).

With central midfield it's adding to already strong area. Real game changers for us in the summer need to be in final third and probably another signing for the backline.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

What if Emery wants some of those PL players?  We don’t know what he wants.

Also Lo Celso definitely didn’t prove he could handle the PL, he was average to poor in his time here.

Pretty sure Emery will have final say on all transfers and knows who he wants.

No we don’t, but we know where he looked in January.  

I don’t recall Lo Celso being out of place in the Premier League, he looked technically competent but maybe a touch off the pace which isn’t unusual for overseas players new in.  Therefore perception, you have yours and I have mine.  Plus Spurs don’t play the Emery way, so just because he didn’t do a job for Spurs, doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be a good addition to add depth to our midfield.

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We can ease him in given how good our midfielders are playing (and Kamara who's proved himself in other parts of the season).

With central midfield it's adding to already strong area. Real game changers for us in the summer need to be in final third and probably another signing for the backline.

Yeah from what I gather Kokcu is a bit like Gundogan, could play in a double pivot or slightly further forward. Very impressive player from the clips I have seen, very comfortable in possession and doesn't panic or dally on the ball like Buendia or Ramsey when pressed by the opposition.

I'd potentially add two midfielders (one like Kokcu and then a playmaker to replace Buendia), a pacey second striker/winger to replace Bailey, a RB to replace Young/Cash. and another CB to compete with Konsa who has been brilliant under Emery but is always playing when Chambers is the only alternative. We need a backup GK to replace Olsen too and maybe another striker as Ollie competition.

Edited by Leeroy

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He plays nothing like Rice. West Ham be relegated if he is the replacement as he does little defending 😂

Edited by Zatman

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

I’m not sure I agree, we’ve seen what Smith Rowe can do but less so Nelson. At this point, unknowing how the injuries have affected them then I’d take Smith Rowe.  Obviously transfers fees and wages then would have to be taken into consideration but pure playing to date, I’d take Smith Rowe.

Shoot holes in Lo Celso then advocate a player who spends more time on the physios table than the pitch! 

Got to love Villatalk! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, macandally said:

I am hoping that we don’t pay any “premier league premium” this year and leave Unai to bring his choices in, he has earned the right.  Plus I would back his analytics against our scouting team!

Lo Celso and Guendozi have proved they can handle the premier league, shouldn’t cost the earth and in Unai’s eyes can be coached in his system.  No brainers.

If there is one thing you can be sure of by now, Emery teams punch above individual players

Lo Celso is owned by Spurs so probably have to deal with Levy shit negotiations

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I think that is exactly why I want to leave Lo Celso alone. I'm not sure he's worth the Spurs based hassle.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

True, but they put a price on him in Jan so hopeful that’s still there 

5 minutes ago, macandally said:

Shoot holes in Lo Celso then advocate a player who spends more time on the physios table than the pitch! 

Got to love Villatalk! 

ESR hype over the transfer rumour is nonsense. His goal contribution numbers weren't amazing, had serious injury and can't get a look in now so no idea where he's at. Contracted to 2026 and people complain about Brighton picking up Mitoma for 2.5 mill or whatever it was and people want us to get rinsed by Arsenal for ESR. Bizarre!

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, macandally said:

No we don’t, but we know where he looked in January.  

I don’t recall Lo Celso being out of place in the Premier League, he looked technically competent but maybe a touch off the pace which isn’t unusual for overseas players new in.  Therefore perception, you have yours and I have mine.  Plus Spurs don’t play the Emery way, so just because he didn’t do a job for Spurs, doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be a good addition to add depth to our midfield.

Fair enough! Just different view on a player, all good. I hope we are looking elsewhere for better.

Outside of Brighton,Brentford and Fulham......Villa have amongst the next best £'s spent v league position.

So I guess its fair to say, we are not that bad at recruitment.

Brighton are best......Chelsea are the worst.

On Lo Celso, I’d rather not help the Spuds rebuild by giving then any of our cash.  When, and it will be when, Kane leaves they’re up shit creek and I’d rather not help them at all (evil laugh)

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He's barely played for about 18 months. Arsenal would still want 30m + so there's much better value out there. Smith Rowe will end up at Palace or Leicester.

Yeah think that ship has sailed to be honest, he was a good up and coming player 2 seasons ago when we tried to get him but tailed off a few months after that and hasn’t regained that momentum since. He’s a decent player and would be a decent signing for someone but 10 sub appearances and 0 starts this season is a bit of a red flag for me and he’d be a gamble as to what his true level really is - all young players look brilliant when they “burst on to the scene” for the first time but often then fizzle out 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Yeah think that ship has sailed to be honest, he was a good up and coming player 2 seasons ago when we tried to get him but tailed off a few months after that and hasn’t regained that momentum since. He’s a decent player and would be a decent signing for someone but 10 sub appearances and 0 starts this season is a bit of a red flag for me and he’d be a gamble as to what his true level really is - all young players look brilliant when they “burst on to the scene” for the first time but often then fizzle out 

His 2 positions i remember him playing are left of a 3 and number 10. 

He now has Odegaard in front of him in the 10 and Martinelli and Trossard on the left  

If he has no ongoing issues i would be really happy with getting him as he covers 2 positions and is really good in both