Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

You were literally talking about paying a record club fee a few pages ago for Emille Smith-Row 🤣

and I still would, I’m not sure I see your point.

33 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

No thanks to ESR.

Made of glass and has hardly played at all this season.

Agreed. He's English and Overrated. 
Player of the same ability in La Liga would cost you £5-15Million. Same with Ward Prowse, Maddison, Bowen and co

Edited by SecretVillaScout

40 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Yeah, I can’t see us going for him. It think he’d be better at a newly promoted side or something to prove his worth there a bit, no one else will risk it surely as he’s hardly played

Just now, duke313 said:

My point is you would pay a club record fee for ESR, but not for Olise/Eze?

Correct, isn’t that an obvious thing that ESR would cost a lot more than either Olise or Eze as a value of each individual player? Excluding premiums or desperation, the market value of ESR is more than the other two individually based on the player.  Didn’t think that was a controversial point.

I think if we finish in top 8 we may set our sights elsewhere and not bring in Guendouzi as the profile in player will upgrade slightly, ship out bailey and bring in a top forward should be our priority alongside right back which we will need to spend big on both,  a central midfielder (box to box)  we will need someone who is driven and experienced relatively youngish in that 24-27 bracket and to conclude the window a backup GK.

I’m no longer throwing in recommendations except for Nico Williams (Ath Bilbao) as Emery will have exactly who he wants in mind and further more hes not listening to little old me on villatalk 👨🏾‍💻

47 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Digne won't be sold. I think Emery wants 2 players in each position and he offers a different set of abilities than Moreno.

while i agree we may not offload him due to his super high wages, i honestly think we would offload him in the summer if we could.

Moreno is clearly our first choice LB, while i agree we need a backup LB as good competition, why on earth would we want our backup LB to be one of the highest paid players at the club?

Ideally, we get rid of Digne, get his huge wages off the books so we can use that money on actual first team players, and buy a cheaper left back, on lower wages to compete with Moreno, or promote a youth LB, if one is ready.

With Moreno here, keeping Digne makes zero sense, considering his wages.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Correct, isn’t that an obvious thing that ESR would cost a lot more than either Olise or Eze as a value of each individual player? Excluding premiums or desperation, the market value of ESR is more than the other two individually based on the player.  Didn’t think that was a controversial point.

I guess it doesn't seem like a controversial point if you think Smith-Rowe is that much better than the other two, I don't think he is.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I guess it doesn't seem like a controversial point if you think Smith-Rowe is that much better than the other two, I don't think he is.

Ok now we get to the bottom of it.  Fair enough!  We were arguing around the edges and not the point.  All good!

Just to finish off the point, would you pay a record club fee for any of ESR, Eze or Olise?  Not asking to pick the best but do you think any are worth a club record fee? Or more than one, or even all three?

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ok now we get to the bottom of it.  Fair enough!  We were arguing around the edges and not the point.  All good!

Just to finish off the point, would you pay a record club fee for any of ESR, Eze or Olise?  Not asking to pick the best but do you think any are worth a club record fee? Or more than one, or even all three?

None of them but more so olise and eze than ESR 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don't think ESR is worth a club record fee, his injury record at his age is terrible, too much of a risk.  Olise, yes.  Eze, don't know about record fee, but I wouldn't say no.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I wouldn’t.

I advocated back in smiths days we get Eze and Olise from the championship when they were cheap, I wouldn’t want them for 40m each

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I don't think ESR is worth a club record fee, his injury record at his age is terrible, too much of a risk.  Olise, yes.  Eze, don't know about record fee, but I wouldn't say no.

Olise had his 35 million buy out clause removed so they would be looking for substantial sums for him. That's alot of money, he is very good bit still, 50 million good ?