Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Excited by the link that Kang In Lee will join for 18m euros - especially that his agent was in the country recently. Won’t get my hopes up just yet  

His agent went to a number of clubs shopping him around a few weeks back.  I’m guessing they are just putting two and two together and getting french fries.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

His agent went to a number of clubs shopping him around a few weeks back.  I’m guessing they are just putting two and two together and getting french fries.

The article claims Unai spoke to the lad over the phone. It’s all speculative still. But interesting nevertheless. 

• Like 1

Todofichajes is genuinely worse than Football Insider: at least the latter can sometimes make up semi-coherent rumours (and has some surprising accuracy at youth level). Todo just throw everything at the wall and hope something sticks: https://todofichajes.com/category/liga/premier-league/aston-villa/

In the Todofichajes world, Xabi Alonso came in as assistant under Gerrard (who now manages Trabzonspor), we've been in advanced negotiations for about 20 different players over the last 4 months, and Nketiah joined us on a free last summer(???)

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Todofichajes is genuinely worse than Football Insider: at least the latter can sometimes make up semi-coherent rumours (and has some surprising accuracy at youth level). Todo just throw everything at the wall and hope something sticks: https://todofichajes.com/category/liga/premier-league/aston-villa/

In the Todofichajes world, Xabi Alonso came in as assistant under Gerrard (who now manages Trabzonspor), we've been in advanced negotiations for about 20 different players over the last 4 months, and Nketiah joined us on a free last summer(???)

The original source was local radio. They could be jumping off of the back of a link suggesting we’d pay the fee. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The original source was local radio. They could be jumping off of the back of a link suggesting we’d pay the fee. 

Yeah, they're presumably just jumping to conclusions off the back of the original, more legit report. Todo seem to alternate between doing that and bare-faced lies.

3 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Yeah, they're presumably just jumping to conclusions off the back of the original, more legit report. Todo seem to alternate between doing that and bare-faced lies.

Yeah, I will be more cautious with their scattergun clickbait. I think he’d be an excellent fit here, we shall see. 

Watched him only a couple of times after his Mortal Kombat days, and have to say I've not been impressed. However, if Unai wants him then it's perfectly fine for me. 

This upcoming transfer window will be the easiest one to follow as a fan. Whatever Unai wants I'm totally happy with. Ideally, I'd love us to keep Emi, Mings, Kamara, McGinn, Buendia and Watkins but whatever - Unai knows best. I only hope the decisions about who stays, who goes and who's brought in would be in the club's hands, i.e. no unexpected transfer requests, etc. 

Beyond that - whoever they get I'll happily support. Unai knows. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Watched him only a couple of times after his Mortal Kombat days, and have to say I've not been impressed. However, if Unai wants him then it's perfectly fine for me. 

This upcoming transfer window will be the easiest one to follow as a fan. Whatever Unai wants I'm totally happy with. Ideally, I'd love us to keep Emi, Mings, Kamara, McGinn, Buendia and Watkins but whatever - Unai knows best. I only hope the decisions about who stays, who goes and who's brought in would be in the club's hands, i.e. no unexpected transfer requests, etc. 

Beyond that - whoever they get I'll happily support. Unai knows. 

In Unai we trust.  He knows La Liga inside out, and he'll know all about Kang-in, as he was coach of Valencia when Kang-in joined the Valencia Academy.

If Unai want's him, I want him.

• Like 1

I find the links to Dumphries very interesting.

I know a lot on here seem convinced that any right back we sign must be very defensively minded, to point of practically being another center back. However, what if we could have a both? A player that could fill this defensive role, but also has the ability and experience to be used much further forward, this would give us the ability in-game to switch the main side of attack without needing to make several substitutions. I think Cash or Dumphries could potentially fill that kind of role and I think that's the kind of tactical flexibility Emery likes to have.

Some have said both Dumphries and Cash would need to be better defensively to fill this specific defensive role, I think Emery sees that and thinks I can make them better defensively, so I don't have to go out and chuck £50m+ on a ready-made player who can do everything like Man City have to. 

I know Emery's right back at Villareal was very defensive in a similar setup to the one he's using with us, but Emery has always evolved his systems and players, I don't think we're locked down to a very specific type of player for a very specific role, I think we've more scope than that because of the level of Manager we now have.

The reality is we aren’t going to spend big money again on players in this league. We could probably sign two or three wingers from Spain for what Forest would demand for Brennan and Arsenal for ESR. We’ve moved on from that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wishywashy said:

Great investigation skills 

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The reality is we aren’t going to spend big money again on players in this league. We could probably sign two or three wingers from Spain for what Forest would demand for Brennan and Arsenal for ESR. We’ve moved on from that. 

Yep, we can cherry pick players from any team in La Liga except the Big 3.