Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

I'd like us to look at Ademola Lookman, he'd be perfect in that second striker role Bailey is playing in.

Has had a somewhat mixed time in England when he was younger, but is having somewhat of a resurgence at Atalanta toping their G + A this season, and still only in mid 20s.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Nobody keen on JWP?

Free kicks are awesome but I think where we are now, the rest isn’t enough for me although I think he’s a really good player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Free kicks are awesome but I think where we are now, the rest isn’t enough for me although I think he’s a really good player.

I tend to agree with you and @IrishVilla10 on this one. Pity as you say, great set pieces but probably not enough to the rest of his game for where we’re trying to get to. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Nobody keen on JWP?

For the price and for his intended position (in the double pivot) - I think just not a good fit.

If we didn't have Kamara/Luiz, and didn't have other greater needs, would probably be a good target but as it stands, we need a 3rd rotational player in the pivot and the money spent up front and at RB.

3 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

For the price and for his intended position (in the double pivot) - I think just not a good fit.

If we didn't have Kamara/Luiz, and didn't have other greater needs, would probably be a good target but as it stands, we need a 3rd rotational player in the pivot and the money spent up front and at RB.

I wouldn't buy him for the double pivot, he might be good as a wide midfielder..... I wouldn't go for him.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

JWP would have been a perfect fit when Smith was her and we had Grealish winning free kicks. We’ve moved on and need something different.

I don’t recall Deano ever being a her. Perhaps he went through some sort of a midlife crisis we didn’t know about. 😂

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I wouldn't buy him for the double pivot, he might be good as a wide midfielder..... I wouldn't go for him.

I think they tried to play JWP as a number 10 against us and it just looked really out of place. Needs the play in front of him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

Here is one to keep the conversation flowing.....

If you had to buy 3 players from the bottom 8 teams so that excludes Palace as they 100% aren't going down now they have 33 points......

Who would they be bearing in mind what we need so not just the three best players?

Had to buy at Premier League market prices?  None of them...  There are better options abroad for cheaper or we could be shopping for a better caliber of player for the same price.  

If you put a gun to my head and forced me to pick or these were the only players we could sign somehow:

1. James Maddison - Would be that creative force we've needed at times in games where Buendia/JJ goes missing or gets muscled off the ball too easily.  
  2. Ruben Neves - If Kamara continues to have injury problems for us, we'd be set up very well with another class DM that can also pick a pass.  
  3. Jordan Pickford - If we lose Martinez this summer, he's going to be very hard to replace.  I don't think Pickford is as big of a meme as England fans think he is and he would be a very solid choice/cost effective choice to replace Emi from a shot stopping point of view, but I'm not sure how good he is with the ball at his feet, though.  
  • Like 1