Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Keepers to look at in the summer if Emi wants to leave:

Matt Turner- Thought he was brilliant in world cup for US and looked solid for Arsenal. Has a similar style to Martinez.

Keheller- Not going to be Liverpool number one anytime soon so think he needs to move on.

Dean Henderson- Done well at Forest but if they're signing Navas permanently I can't believe he'd swop a subs bench at PSG for one in Nottingham so suggests they'll pass up signing Henderson. Would imagine he'd cost 20m.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Matt Turner- Thought he was brilliant in world cup for US and looked solid for Arsenal. Has a similar style to Martinez.

Keheller- Not going to be Liverpool number one anytime soon so think he needs to move on.

Dean Henderson- Done well at Forest but if they're signing Navas permanently I can't believe he'd swop a subs bench at PSG for one in Nottingham so suggests they'll pass up signing Henderson. Would imagine he'd cost 20m.

Kelleher isn't even the best young Irish goalie, Bazunu is far superior

If we had big money to splash on a keeper I think Raya be a good punt

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Henderson would be a cheap option 

29 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Do, do, do, Ibrahima Bamba, do, do, do, Ibrahima Bamba

(to the tune of the conga)

Surely the one doing is going to be sung to the tune of La Bamba??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I don't think any of them would be capable of replacing Martinez. All probably cheap but we need to make sure we replace Martinez as best we can (if he goes this summer) because his presence will be a big loss. A no 2 at another club is too risky. Henderson can't even get in Forest's team now and whilst I'd have taken him 2-3 years ago I think his career has gone backwards. 

My choices would be Simon at Bilbao or Sanchez at Brighton. Both exceptional at playing from the back too. Probably just favour Sanchez. 

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Turner is a really good shout but isn't he the keeper to be for Ramsdale?

We have an okay record with American keepers (save for the demise of Guzan) so I really wouldn't mind that and he's surprisingly good with his feet.

Edited by DJBOB

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Every time I hear Unai Simon I just remember that terrible own goal at the euros. Enckelmanesque 😂

Nobody ever mentions the other Basque country keeper Alex Remiro who’s arguably better than Simon.