Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Bit of a coincidence with the timing of the'injury'. I suspect he is being a bit of a brat and emery is not having it. Hopefully Duran matures quickly and we can start to realise his potential. Maybe, in the short term, the best option would be to loan him to a club where he will start every week so he can get rid of the frustrations he is currently having. Hopefully he could then come back to villa with a better attitude. 

I think he is probably struggling to settle, not sure what his level of English is like but he is in a squad full of seasoned pros and we have loaned or sold nearly everybody around his age

His talent is there and he has shown it on occasions and I feel if let him go it will be another Gary Cahill level of mistake

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I think he is probably struggling to settle, not sure what his level of English is like but he is in a squad full of seasoned pros and we have loaned or sold nearly everybody around his age

His talent is there and he has shown it on occasions and I feel if let him go it will be another Gary Cahill level of mistake

I think you have a fair point about the English, which is often overlooked.

As a matter of fact , Dougie's performance level increase seemed to coincide with his English getting better!

Think he even mentioned it in an interview. Might make it feel a little more difficult to be " one of the lads " without smooth communication.

Then again there are other South Americans in the team 

I hope we aren't just trying to find excuses for him, whilst he may just being a clearing in the woods 

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think you have a fair point about the English, which is often overlooked.

As a matter of fact , Dougie's performance level increase seemed to coincide with his English getting better!

Think he even mentioned it in an interview. Might make it feel a little more difficult to be " one of the lads " without smooth communication.

Then again there are other South Americans in the team 

I hope we aren't just trying to find excuses for him, whilst he may just being a clearing in the woods 

I imagine that Spanish is widely spoken at the club given the amount of South Americans, Spanish, Basque and also non Spanish players that have played in La Liga at the club.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

so mysterious the hamstring injury has been reported 😛 

No we need to keep the conspiracy going. Otherwise all we have to rant about are badges, new stadiums, and who will be our 6th CM for depth 

• Haha 1

He's off if he's not involved tomorrow night you'd suspect. Some sort of swop with Broja does seem fairly logic to me but no idea how that goes towards FFP for both clubs so could be a loan swop with both transfers going through at later date.

Edit: Didn't see the injury update on last page.

There's certainly too much noise about him over last two weeks for something not to be up.

In August/September his cameos were pretty good. Scored v Everton and Hibs, hit that worldy v Palace which really was a huge win in our season as that was a very big result and then he scored a decent poachers goal in Warsaw a few days later.

At that point Watkins hadn't scored in the prem so I genuinely think Duran believed he'd get a run of prem starts at that point. Didn't happen, Ollie started scoring and I think Duran got frustrated after as not like his recent cameos have been that good really.

Edited by VillaChris

13 hours ago, CVByrne said:

You are aware Duran has played a lot this season yes? He's on a steep improving curve and will be a proper competition for Watkins next season. We need two Strikers especially as we hopefully will have expanded Champions League next season too. That's min 8 top level games alongside EFL Cup and PL etc.. 

I think a year in he would be expecting to start prem games and reality is he's no closer to that now than the day he signed. Will be same in August if Ollie is fit.

That seems to be where the noise is coming from although not sure why he'd then choose Chelsea. West Ham would be better if they're still interested with Antonio and Ings going to be moved out in the summer.

It's his agent ain't it... Probably trying to manipulate for playing time 🤔

Glad to see Unai has rubbished this 😂

In a bit of a sticky situation having two " selfish " strikers who want to be the " only " man. Lol

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In a bit of a sticky situation having two " selfish " strikers who want to be the " only " man. Lol

Another Benteke situation?

Queue up a new contract now 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Probably money rather than playing time… can’t see many teams (who could offer that and he’d be interested in) who’d give him much more time than we have…

Jhon needs to realise he has a massive opportunity and probably nowhere he could develop better and more than under a world class manager such as Unai… and learning off a player like Ollie too…

Ignore the noise but… it’s difficult for a young lad with everyone around you filling your head with all sorts…

• Like 1

Needs to sack his agent pronto or he’ll end up a journeyman in Saudi at the age of 23.

His agent probably only has Duran as a significant player meaning he has to either get him to move or get a contract extension otherwise he won’t get paid. 

Im getting bored of this constant rubbish now so fully expect we will sell him in the summer unless he somehow becomes the main man (which he won’t).

Â