Jhon Durán

PieFacE

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I haven’t posted on here as much in recent times—let’s say circumstances in my life have changed and have allowed me to “hear” things. 
Their interest is genuine, will depend on Villa finding a replacement, all of which is fairly obvious.

So we are interested in selling? 

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I’d bet on a loan with an option.

Wow, don’t see how loan benefits us unless relationship has broken down with Emery.  Thanks for the info, interesting week ahead then.

• Like 1

I think the fall out talk is true for us to even entertain this. However. IF the mandatory buy back clause in Archers contract is true. I can't see us spending on a striker either when we will have Archer again in the summer.

I think Duran has a lot of potential and could become a really top centre forward in a few years. I would rather we keep him and develop him into a top player, but if Chelsea offered us £35m+ giving us £20m profit in 12 months on a back up striker then that would probably be considered good business 

• Like 1

Just now, Creeper said:

I think the fall out talk is true for us to even entertain this. However. IF the mandatory buy back clause in Archers contract is true. I can't see us spending on a striker either when we will have Archer again in the summer.

So what do we do for the second half of the season, we would be weaker with no back up striker?

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

So what do we do for the second half of the season, we would be weaker with no back up striker?

Can we loan one in? Unsure how many loans we're allowed/who's available within our price range that's better than Duran and fits Emerys striker profile.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's patently obvious the past few months someone in the background is putting feelers out there and engineering an exit.

Kid's a dumbass.

@Delphinho123 would disagree with you for sure, the Oracle of Delphi loves Duran.

We're not sending Duran on Loan to Chelsea, don't be daft. We have no other no9 alternative to Watkins in the squad, sourcing one in the next week isn't going to happen just to loan him out. 

I'm sure clubs will be interested in our players. Who cares when they are under long term contracts to us. We hold the cards.

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

We're not sending Duran on Loan to Chelsea, don't be daft. We have no other no9 alternative to Watkins in the squad, sourcing one in the next week isn't going to happen just to loan him out. 

I'm sure clubs will be interested in our players. Who cares when they are under long term contracts to us. We hold the cards.

Totally agree. The only way he leaves is if they offer us a stupid amount of money for a permanent transfer and we can get a suitable replacement (and if he has been acting up). Without those three things aligning, he stays. Absolutely certain of that.

54 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Well Matt Law who is a Villa fan and is well connected at Chelsea says its a possibility.  They are crazy. The thing they dont need is potential. They need experience. But this is Boehly. So Broja and 20 mill in return please 

No thank you - Broja is miles off it imo.

When the dust settles on their respective careers I expect Duran will have achieved significantly more imo 

• Like 4

Â