Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

58 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

There has been no discussion between the two clubs since the start of the transfer window … it is not relevant for the moment

I’m sure this journalist is very reliable, sounds like it’s not that close unfortunately 😞

Football negotiations are like poker. OM are probably waiting to get their replacement in, and we are waiting to shift Nakamba and/or Sanson. There’s still a lot of the window left. Neither is going to going budge until the above conditions are met. It’s still very much on. They aren’t going to weaken their position publicly and risk lowering the price nor alienate fans by stating they are working on a sale. 

• Like 2

Just now, CVByrne said:

It's not restricting him in anyway. We've too many midfielders and we need to move them on before signing more. It's totally logical and Emery himself seems to know that, saying they need to move on before we sign another midfielder. He's also praised Sanson

Maybe!  I think if Emery wants Guendouzi and he wants to come and neither Sanson or Nakamba move before the end of the window then I think the board will allow the deal to happen. 

It does restrict Emery, it's hard to argue it doesnt. 

Yes he praised Sanson but Sanson doesnt get a look in and Emery has said he can leave and should look to leave as we heard from Emery.

It's totally logical to want out before in during the window but as it gets towards the end of the window if those going out dont happen then it's total logical to give a new elite manager, whose doing well and we have a chance for European football through the league however remote that is, one player, maybe two in this window on the basis the others definitely have to move in the summer.

I assume you dont agree so we'll have to leave it there but I cant see them restricting the manager (my opinion) at this stage).  Lets just hope those two players go out and Guendouzi comes in so it's not an issue.

Would be weird if he was Guendouzis replacement if they then loaned him back to Verona.

Unless that entire discussion is based on us moving Nakmba/Sanson on. If we do, we sign Guendouzi now, Ilic moves to Marseille and stays. If we don't, Guendouzi moves in the summer, Ilic moves to Marseille and gets games in Verona ready for next season?

Not sure I buy that but it's where I'm going to stick my hopes for now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

So he’s signed/basically done but won’t go to OM until June…hmmm the Guendouzi deal gets interesting…

It’s quite a smart deal if the thinking is they don’t want to get ripped off in the Summer. If they sell Guendouzi for £35m or whatever, teams know they have money. Getting his replacement now means they can let Guendouzi go and…chill.

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

It’s quite a smart deal if the thinking is they don’t want to get ripped off in the Summer. If they sell Guendouzi for £35m or whatever, teams know they have money. Getting his replacement now means they can let Guendouzi go and…chill.

It’s quite a large fee for them, I thought they would have wanted a replacement now to continue their challenge for the title.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

So does Guendouzi come now or in the summer (if he’s coming), coming now leaves them short although I don’t know the rest of their midfield options.

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So does Guendouzi come now or in the summer (if he’s coming), coming now leaves them short although I don’t know the rest of their midfield options.

Probably more like the summer. Unless Sanson goes back to Marseille on loan 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

To be fair if that Ounahi lad is gonna cost about £20m they could maybe sign him and Ilic for a similar price to what they would demand for Guendouzi, maybe they will be thinking along those lines

Edited by MSvillain
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Payet I suppose? Different type of player though. Letting Guendouzi leave without a replacement will certainly put a dent in their title charge.

Â