VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

21 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I see what you did there. 

I had to Google him. Not one of 'my' bands. 

I'm a tad surprised by that tbh. I like some of their output, mostly the earlier stuff.

I confess I had to google too as I wasn't sure

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm a tad surprised by that tbh. I like some of their output, mostly the earlier stuff.

I confess I had to google too as I wasn't sure

I've got one album - In Search of Space. It's OK. I always found them a bit musically limited. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I've got one album - In Search of Space. It's OK. I always found them a bit musically limited. 

There is a time and a place for space rock in my life but there is also a theshold I can't explain

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

There is a time and a place for space rock in my life but there is also a theshold I can't explain

ISOS does hold a certain place in my affections, as it was one of the first albums I bought, sight unseen, on  the basis of a good review in one of the music weeklies. And it had nice packaging, with a fold-out sleeve and a booklet. I didn't feel all that bothered when I lent it to a girlfriend and never got it back, but over the years I started to miss it, and eventually got it on CD. But the packaging wasn't the same, so - for probably the only time - bought another (secondhand, pricey) vinyl copy, which I still have. And never play. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

Gordon Moore, age 94

Co-founder and emeritus chairman of Intel Corporation. Yes, the Moore's Law guy

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Always thought being in Hawkwind was sort of like military conscription for musicians, everyone has to have a pop at some point.  Personally, I'm holding out for a theremin spot to open up.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Always thought being in Hawkwind was sort of like military conscription for musicians, everyone has to have a pop at some point.  Personally, I'm holding out for a theremin spot to open up.

Fortunately I failed the medical. 

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

I'm waiting for the interpretive dancer slot to open up again

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Paul O'Grady.

TV Presenter - 67

(1st time I've ever seen anyone dead and I've been 1st in the deadpool thread :hooray:)

(Only joking RIP Paul)

Wow, that’s a real shocker. He was all over loads of programmes recently. 

Absolute definition of “sudden” it seems. 

O'Grady's long-time radio producer Malcolm Prince said he had visited the star at his home on Tuesday afternoon, describing him as "laughing, smiling, and full of life".

Full of life to dead in a few hours.

bbc

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Wow. Always came across as a nice guy (other than his love of dogs obviously) 

That Lily Savage is going to be really upset. I understand they were very close. 

Edited by sidcow

I really liked the guy, I didn't know him, only what I saw on television, or heard on radio. My wife loved the guy, she has every one of his books. I recall when they bought in that bricklayer who tells jokes to split his Radio 2 show 50/50 I was gutted, Paul O'Grady on Radio 2 was always the Sunday tea time soundtrack. I am sure Rob Beckett has his fans but he wasn't for me. That said, sad loss etc.

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Presumably heart attack? 

That's my assumption, he had heart problems before so worked less, in recent times he has been doing POG Dogs, Annie and was preparing to do a radio show on Boom Radio. In addition to this he was  deputy lieutenant of Kent, which I suspect involved some work, not to mention his charity work.