Match Thread: Villa vs Villarreal

fightoffyour

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We look superior.

What is going on with the match threads?!

To be fair, they have quite a few starters on their bench... Torres, Jackson, Pino, etc.  They're starting the players who didn't have World Cup duty.

• Like 1

Just now, fightoffyour said:

McGinn with a loose pass obviously 

did you see that moment earlier when Watkins messed up a move and Bailey nearly threw a paddy....then he checked himself quickly and jogged off, was funny.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

How the hell did we get Kamara? Everytime I see him he looks better, don't think I'm exaggerating this but he walks into every team in league

It's even more crazy to think that he just turned 23 as well.  

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

How the hell did we get Kamara? Everytime I see him he looks better, don't think I'm exaggerating this but he walks into every team in league

Because of the Steven Gerrard factor. Kamara was impressed that he won the league with Rangers. 

Also we probably offered him more money than anyone else. But it was mainly the rangers thing

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pete101 said:

I think Gerrard was a factor but we are definitely paying whatever salary Kamara asked for.  He was hugely in demand and I’m sure all the Champions League regulars will be monitoring him while he is here.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up being sold for a massive profit in a couple of years, especially if he ends up establishing himself in the French team when Kante ages out. 

Always enjoy watching Parejo. Fabulous player but at the same time one who would have always struggled to suit a more physical/athletic league, so effortlessly faultless in possession though for the most part.

Good build up play leading to another good Ollie shot on target.  We look much much better building an attack in this game.  On the other hand, Villarreal aren't pressing like a Premier League team.  Getting slightly more time on the ball that we would get against regular opposition.  That said, you can really see the progress we're making tactically.  Everyone looks up for this game as well.