Villa v Brighton - (UAE) 08/12/22 - (1pm GMT)

Kingman

I don't know how much we'll see of McGinn in the 2nd half of the season except in rotation for Ramsay. It's all just too fast for him. Fine in the championship but the prem press is too much for him. Goes long when it needs to be short, takes three touches when it should be one.

Amusing watching Unai try to coach Buendia - a natural drifter - to take up more specific positions. Will have to be a compromise between the two there.

Question marks all over the defenders past the first 5 (Cash, Konsa, Mings, Digne, Young). Would be absolutely shitting it if any of them were to get injured for a lengthy period of time.

Boubs-Luiz will be the double pivot but should also be in rotation for Nakamba and Sanson on occasion.

Think we'll see the same for Bailey in this system. Some games where he's untouchable and others where he's invisible.

Ollie will be Ollie.

I think anywhere from 9th-12th should be the target with this squad with Emery. Maybe if someone has a purple patch, there's a chance for Europe but would really have to turn it up.

Biggest problems are weaknesses in squad depth right now.

• Like 1

Just now, est1874 said:

Well, that was very poor.

I'm going to drop a truism here and say that teams who can't play out from the back really shouldn't try to play out from the back.

We're not going to stop doing it. It's painful to watch and it will cost us more goals, but that's the way it's going to be. 

Just now, Beastmix said:

Robin Olsen is the worst goalkeeper I think I've ever seen. How he's been an international starter, for Sweden no less, is baffling. Stealing a living.

We need an upgrade back-up, for certain.

Did we get rid of Jed, or is he injured?

Just now, Beastmix said:

Robin Olsen is the worst goalkeeper I think I've ever seen. How he's been an international starter, for Sweden no less, is baffling. Stealing a living.

Is is embarrassing.

Nothing to do with either goal today, just a general comment on his lack of ability.

The defensive line there were stood in our own box, don't think that's meant to happen. They win a header and the striker is stood on the penalty spot to scuff it home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Well, that was very poor.

I'm going to drop a truism here and say that teams who can't play out from the back really shouldn't try to play out from the back.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

We're not going to stop doing it. It's painful to watch and it will cost us more goals, but that's the way it's going to be. 

thats the core way Emery likes to play, tbh its a scenario of if they cant do it, they will probably be gone, that simple rly.

Emery wont change the style of playing out from the back, its one of his core tactical thingy ma bobs.

Edited by MaVilla

3 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

I'm interested in what we saw in the scouting to think he's a good signing, in any way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Did we get rid of Jed, or is he injured?

He's still our player, but he had a particularly nasty injury in 2019. I think he's just getting back now.

Either way, we need a new #2.

• Thanks 1

Â