Villa v Brighton - (UAE) 08/12/22 - (1pm GMT)

Kingman

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

thats the core way Emery likes to play, tbh its a scenario of if they cant do it, they will probably be gone, that simple rly.

Emery wont change the style of playing out from the back, its one of his core tactical thingy ma bobs.

Ya I realise that and agree. But until he can replace essentially an entire defence and a couple of midfielders - given the urgent need for an attacker too - we are going to concede a huge amount of goals playing this way.

It's a long term game for a short term loss scenario, but it'll be painful to watch for the reminder of this season at least.

Just now, est1874 said:

Ya I realise that and agree. But until he can replace essentially an entire defence and a couple of midfielders - given the urgent need for an attacker too - we are going to concede a huge amount of goals playing this way.

It's a long term game for a short term loss scenario, but it'll be painful to watch for the reminder of this season at least.

tbh i dont think he needs to replace the entire defence and midfielders.

we have kamara/luiz and donk in the midfield pivot, thats ok for now, we have Carlos when he comes back who can play close control football.

with that in mind from our first choice 11, its prob 1 x central defender we need to look at, then a wide player and striker etc, as you allude to.

• Like 1

Could care less about the scoreline, even though its nice to win. Emery needs to see everybody before January - who wants it, who can do it etc and they all need a run out to keep sharp. So job done.

4 hours ago, est1874 said:

TBH, I think our backline can play this way, but they may never have been taught exactly how to play out the back at a high level before...  Tyrone only started playing CB under Dean Smith and was a LB for most of his career before that.  In the interview the Villa website posted with him yesterday he said the training sessions were very intense and require the players to really be switched on because they're giving them a lot of information.  He also said he's being asked to play a completely different role than he has ever played before and was eager to learn, which I'm guessing he's referring to being an actual ball playing defender instead of hoofing it up into the channel every time he gets pressed.  Will be interesting to see who can adapt this season and who cannot. 

6 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Same here ...... and its happened before. What is the point of subscribing ?!!!!

I cancelled my subscription, ten minutes after taking it out. Terrible Service. I rushed back to watch the game, as well 😣

On 08/12/2022 at 14:05, HKP90 said:

Not really, I think it's good. Look we need games like this to establish and coach a system. Some players are going to be asked to have roles which are significantly altered from previous systems, some not so much. Emi is one of those where I'm not really sure what his natural game is tbh. Hopefully Emi can give the team, and the individual players some character, some identity. We are fortunate we get time for friendlies to work this stuff out mid season. 

Not paying any attention to the results of these friendlies, but by god I'm glad we've got them. 

Not really? Yes this was entirely the point I was making. Buendia needs the direction, he was constantly shouted instructions from the sidelines.

10 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Not really? Yes this was entirely the point I was making. Buendia needs the direction, he was constantly shouted instructions from the sidelines.

I get your point, but while you appear concerned that Emi was being given instructions from the sidelines, I am not, because it means Unai has a plan for him and he gets the time in a friendly to coach him into that plan.

6 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I get your point, but while you appear concerned that Emi was being given instructions from the sidelines, I am not, because it means Unai has a plan for him and he gets the time in a friendly to coach him into that plan.

It seemed worrying as Buendia looked for the most part where he should not be hence the direction from Emery. Guess we'll see if if he can improve on this, I certainly hope so.

Â