Villa v Brighton - (UAE) 08/12/22 - (1pm GMT)

Kingman

3 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

I have a Villa+ and monthly subscription (or whatever it is) and it's still telling me I need one, haha.

It's in my active subscriptions and everything. The website remains as terrible as ever...

Same here ...... and its happened before. What is the point of subscribing ?!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, TheAuthority said:

Yet they haven't had a shot!

yeah not commenting on their attack, just how good they are in their own third with retention.

Thats how Emery wants us to play i think (not passy passy in the final third - but defo in the first third)

Just now, PieFacE said:

Only way to get better is to practice i guess. I think we've been the better team so far tbf. 

ye ofc, my point is more i think we just have 2-3 players who just cant play that way no matter what practice is done.

• Like 2

Just now, MaVilla said:

ye ofc, my point is more i think we just have 2-3 players who just cant play that way no matter what practice is done.

Yeah, I don't think this keeper helps either. Not very good with the ball. 

• Like 2

Just now, MaVilla said:

yeah not commenting on their attack, just how good they are in their own third with retention.

Thats how Emery wants us to play i think (not passy passy in the final third - but defo in the first third)

We'll get there. Brighton have been playing this way for multiple seasons. We've been doing it for about 3 weeks!

• Like 2

Just now, Paul33 said:

Same here ...... and its happened before. What is the point of subscribing ?!!!!

It's happened to me several times too, yeah. Even tried a different browser, but it's still the same.

Most of the interview videos are free now anyway. At least this is going to charity, so I don't mind too much today. It's just annoying they never fix it.

2 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

You have to pay and extra 99p to charity to get this one. It’s not part of the AVTV plus thing.

I couldn’t find it when I was logged in, had to log out, go to Avfc site and it was on main page.

Then it took me to AVTV, FOKIN stupid. But that was my route 

Buendia been quiet. Mcginn looks a little lost.

Dougie and Boubs been excellent. Good pressing from Bailey and a couple of tasty crosses (he tried a Dougie from one corner)

Out of possession shape is excellent.

Cameraman is obviously drunk.

2 minutes ago, spiezels said:

You have to pay and extra 99p to charity to get this one. It’s not part of the AVTV plus thing.

I couldn’t find it when I was logged in, had to log out, go to Avfc site and it was on main page.

Tried that and it popped up and said "you are already subscribed!"

Interesting half. Emery spent half of it shouting instructions at Buendia 😅 I think Emi is struggling a little with having a more regimented system rather than roaming around following his heart. Not really been under much pressure from Brighton and the only hairy moments have been because Olsen has had the ball at his feet but we've not created a whole heap either. 

3 minutes ago, spiezels said:

You know what, you're right. The way it's worded on the website is quite misleading.

All sorted now.

We look good without the ball.

With it, it's not great yet.

McGinn is a worse player now than when he was 18 at St Mirren.

Boubs brilliant. No one else much to write home about.

Brighton are quite the sight when they get going. Only got about 3 or 4 starters as well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

I have a Villa+ and monthly subscription (or whatever it is) and it's still telling me I need one, haha.

It's in my active subscriptions and everything. The website remains as terrible as ever...

It's a horrible build.

Needs a total overhaul, APIs and UI alike.

• Like 1

Watched the first-half...

Lots of instructions going the way of Buendia telling him where to be on the field. Worrying in some respects.

Agree with others, Kamara and Luiz are good. McGinn lost (as usual).

It's all about fitness and shape though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Watched the first-half...

Lots of instructions going the way of Buendia telling him where to be on the field. Worrying in some respects.

Agree with others, Kamara and Luiz are good. McGinn lost (as usual).

It's all about fitness and shape though.

Not really, I think it's good. Look we need games like this to establish and coach a system. Some players are going to be asked to have roles which are significantly altered from previous systems, some not so much. Emi is one of those where I'm not really sure what his natural game is tbh. Hopefully Emi can give the team, and the individual players some character, some identity. We are fortunate we get time for friendlies to work this stuff out mid season. 

Not paying any attention to the results of these friendlies, but by god I'm glad we've got them. 

• Like 1

Â