World Cup: Matches

Genie

It's so funny how a side can come from two goals down, seem to have all the momentum behind them, and then lose it all as soon as they get level. We saw it with Cameroon in the earlier game as well (who made the daft decision to make three changes immediately afterwards). There must be a powerful psychological relief to 'being back on level terms' that it really removes your edge as a team. 

18 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's so funny how a side can come from two goals down, seem to have all the momentum behind them, and then lose it all as soon as they get level. We saw it with Cameroon in the earlier game as well (who made the daft decision to make three changes immediately afterwards). There must be a powerful psychological relief to 'being back on level terms' that it really removes your edge as a team. 

It's the international equivalent of Villa suddenly having an opposition player sent off and we consequently have to play the rest of the game with an extra man. It never ends well 😉

• Haha 3

Re Belgium: When your leaving players like Teilemans and Trossard on the bench for Witzel or Hazard then trajectory only ends up going one way. I actually agree with KDB but they have an imbecile of a manager in the same way England do with Southgate. Instead of looking to the future and the players that will be there, they continue to constrain themselves with favourites. Also, KDB has been shockingly bad this tournament, he's the last player that should be moaning the way he's trotted about the first couple of games. 

5 minutes ago, sne said:

What a moron.

I get that emotions are high, especially after such an exciting match but it's a shitty thing to do. I've noticed loads of fans have been doing this from the very first game, obviously not a new thing it's been happening at club football for god knows how long.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I get that emotions are high, especially after such an exciting match but it's a shitty thing to do. I've noticed loads of fans have been doing this from the very first game, obviously not a new thing it's been happening at club football for god knows how long.

He will do it to the wrong fan

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Re Belgium: When your leaving players like Teilemans and Trossard on the bench for Witzel or Hazard then trajectory only ends up going one way. I actually agree with KDB but they have an imbecile of a manager in the same way England do with Southgate. Instead of looking to the future and the players that will be there, they continue to constrain themselves with favourites. Also, KDB has been shockingly bad this tournament, he's the last player that should be moaning the way he's trotted about the first couple of games. 

Tielemans is mostly a passenger. He's only as good as the team that plays and will never lead them to better preformances. The defence is old and slower than they used to be, but offensively there has been no threat. This doesn't take the pressure off of the defence. 

Hazard get's a free pass, while Trossard is on the bench. the team needed younger blood for a while, but Martinez didn't do it. Onana as the best example, he played well and with energy when he came on or started. If the stars of the squad are not performing or injured (KDB, Lukaku, Hazard, Witsel) you need to have other options. Martinez doesn't have them because he kept playing with the same players for 6 years. If you win the PL or CL, teams will still buy new additions to keep everyone sharp. 

The players haven't performed, KDB as prime example, but the problems have been created by Martinez.