World Cup: Matches

Genie

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Belgium have looked shit for a while now. Never quite understood how they are ranked 2nd. I'm sure there's some stat to disprove my initial statement but they've looked incredibly underwhelming for years now.

Them FIFA rankings don't mean Tom - Tit. 

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

I don’t fancy Germany at all in this World Cup. An ageing squad that will be fatigued from the season and the heat more than many others. They really need some new young talent coming through. 

Real shame Florian Wirtz picked up that horror injury, he's a really special young player.

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I don’t fancy Germany at all in this World Cup. An ageing squad that will be fatigued from the season and the heat more than many others. They really need some new young talent coming through. 

They need adeyemi or moukoko to be a world class striker, not sure they've got loads coming through, sne is right with Wirtz and Musiala will continue to get better, there's options at the back but it's potential rather than guaranteed

A goal scorer always papers over the cracks and this team right now imo doesn't have one

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Either I’m football fatigued or the games at this World Cup are so dull 

There have been far more close results than 2018. Why? 1) First mid-season World Cup, 2) Every team is far better coached on tactics & fitness & nutrition than ever before & 3) Performance data is much more advanced than the days when players would join fans in the bar after matches & 4) VAR reduces officiating errors, but also goal quantities.