World Cup: Matches

Genie

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

To think Brazil have Ederson, Martinelli, Jesus, Rodrygo and Fabinho on the bench. Some squad.

Surprised Paqueta and Richarlison start. 

With the formation it's no great shakes that DL missed out on the squad to be fair to him, same as everyone else he's struggled under Gerrard but this isn't an easy midfield to get in to

Just now, villa4europe said:

With the formation it's no great shakes that DL missed out on the squad to be fair to him, same as everyone else he's struggled under Gerrard but this isn't an easy midfield to get in to

Definitely. If Fabinho can’t get into your midfield, you’ve got some very good players!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

That Pavlovic looks a bit of a donkey tbh. New Vidic?? Unlikely. 

Yeah, unlikely he'll be as good as Vidic.

Not much argument he's a better player now than Vidic at the same age though. About 20 more international caps and more experienced at club level as well. Vidic had only played in the Yugoslavian PL at 21.

4 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I miss the brazil teams that had 'street footballers'… Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Robinho etc 

Can someone remind me why so many oddsmakers and hipster pundits had Brazil down as winning the whole thing, or why the puffed up FIFA ranking? 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

Can someone remind me why so many oddsmakers had Brazil down as winning the whole thing, or why the puffed up FIFA ranking? 

I think it’s because they’ve done fairly well in qualifying, plus the season Neymar is having and the season Vini jr had last season. Plus their attacking and midfield talent is quite deep.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

I think it’s because they’ve done fairly well in qualifying, plus the season Neymar is having and the season Vini jr had last season. Plus their attacking and midfield talent is quite deep.

Thanks. Makes sense. I suppose Serbia 🇷🇸 is a harsh opening challenge, too, not like France 🇫🇷 vs Australia 🇦🇺, so Brazil isn’t getting to lord over the serfs. 

• Like 1