World Cup: Matches

Genie

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

I think Hazard is done, wouldn't be shocked if he retires from international duty after the WC.

Before the WC he was apologising to Real fans for being a massive let down. He also said he wouldn’t be able to recreate the form he had for Chelsea again.

1 minute ago, MachoFantastico said:

KDB is a great player, but he's only as good as the players around him. 

Poor team around him but he's had countless opportunities to play in good passes you almost expect him to nail for Man City 99/100 but he's been way off it. 

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They're just old now.  Their peak was 2018, unlucky to have to get through Brazil and France back to back just to make the final. If they'd been in England's half they'd have made the final with ease.

Of their big names it's only De Bruyne who really plays at constant top level. Hazard has been constantly injured and bench warming since 2019 and the lads at the back are well past their best which Spurs realised two years ago.

One Belgium player has been winning trophies and turning up in huge games last season and that was Courtois

21 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

First time I’ve seen him play even though VT has been previously desperate to sign him. He’s like the Canadian Ollie Watkins.

He is a bit like Ollie but he does have a few more development years left in fairness. I think he would be a flop if came to England now

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm gonna feel a lot better next time I control a ball with my shin like that down the local leisure centre pitch

The shin touch for a Villa fan is like God patting you on the head. Embrace it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

De Bruyne with a poor final ball again. What is going on. 

Said similar in the Buendia thread as they have similar passing stats. KDB is the better player obviously but it helps when you are playing in a superior team that when you lose the ball it goes unnoticed. 

I dont think his performance would be as notable if he was in a City team tonight