Delphinho123

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its not a concern for me as our away form was decent enough until we hired a trainee and now we have an actual manager.

Last night was our best away performance in about 6 months

Kind of agree.

However, regardless of manager, we do need to pick up some points on the road soon. Our record on the road is abysmal so far this season. 

I think finally using Dendoncker, having Kamara back and knowing how to set us up correctly will help us to bring results sooner, rather than later.

Using McGinn, Luiz and Ramsey as a three without much deviation has unquestionably cost us points.

We have played one away game under Emery. At least let us see how we do against Brighton before we panic about the away form.

Under Gerrard our form away and at home was terrible, there weren’t really that much difference. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

We have played one away game under Emery. At least let us see how we do against Brighton before we panic about the away form.

Under Gerrard our form away and at home was terrible, there weren’t really that much difference. 

It's not really a Gerrard vs. Emery thing, I'm commenting more on the fact that statistically it is very poor and we really need to turn it around. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It's becoming a real concern. Discuss. 

I think last night was a step in the correct direction it was a proper away performance and with our strongest starting 11 would have probably resulted in a win. People can moan all they want about the selection but everybody has to get used to the Emery style of play, everybody is part of the squad some need match fitness more than others and everyone needs to feel valued the cleans slate applies to all.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It's not really a Gerrard vs. Emery thing, I'm commenting more on the fact that statistically it is very poor and we really need to turn it around. 

Statistically we were poor at home too, we had one of the worst home form in the league under Gerrard. The two wins after Gerrard have improved thing when it comes to home form, we are now comfortably mid table when it comes to home form. If we exclude the last two home wins, we would have been 20th in both the home and the away table.

I expect the general form to improve under Emery, and that will include our away form too, I believe. One away game in the cup where Emery were experimenting with the team isn’t enough to make me be concerned.

In other words is it a Gerrard vs Emery thing, our general form were poor, after two home wins our home form is now ok, not great. I expect the away form to improve when Emery have managed in more away matches.

• Like 1

Its a big concern to me. It wasnt a problem for Smith when there were no crowds but this season our away form is terrible. Ok I expected United to bounce back and win last night but we have to perform for 90 minutes. 

Whats there to be concerned about, you are talking about two different teams. It doesnt make sense to comment on the form of the Gerrard team, they are gone  passed on! they are no more! they have ceased to be!  expired and gone to meet 'is maker! a stiff! Bereft of life, pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! its off the twig!  kicked the bucket, shuffled off its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! that is an ex-team !!

9 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

It's becoming a real concern. Discuss. 

It was under Gerrard. But so was our home form. Gotta give it some time now Emery is at the wheel (nah nah nah nah nah nahhhhh)

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1