Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

emery has said he wont be doing much in the transfer window this summer

This is correct, it will be Monchi doing all the work. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

What's the context, who made it?

Just a short doc on the club for Australian TV, Optus Sport.

• Like 1

Unai sitting down with Wes/Monchi e.t.c tomorrow to discuss summer plans.

Just show them a rerun of that game and it's obvious where we need strengthening.

• Like 1

If anything today just highlights what an incredible job he has done to navigate this squad to the Champions League whilst getting to the semi final in Europe.  Cheers Unai!  I can't wait to see how he develops the squad over the summer.

• Like 2

What a season this guy has delivered for us. To finish fourth with our squad decimated by injuries is incredible. I think doing it again will be even harder and we really need to improve the quality of our squad to have a chance.

As we have heard, in order to be able to build further, we will have to move some players on. This is going to be very difficult but whatever happens, I trust this guy completely. He will make the right calls. So whatever happens we need to keep the faith and back Unai. He is simply incredible.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Farlz said:

Best season of my lifetime, mental what we've done. Thank you Unai. 

Bring on next season. 

Absolutely and easily the best season of my lifetime.  But bloody hell it was tiring work and so stressful.  No idea how the players and coaching staff and manager coped with it.  I’m exhausted and need the summer to recover.

• Like 1

On 16/05/2024 at 17:12, CarryOnVilla said:

How is this man so good at it his job, yet so humble and kind? 

you see all the other “elite” managers and it’s mostly arrogant personality monsters, doing brand deals in their spare time. Then there’s Unai, a mild mannered man that loves his job and has tea with his injured players in his spare time. 

It’s genuinely refreshing to have a manager like this in the game and at Villa. 

he really symbolises what we are now.. just a quiet mild mannered club working smart and hard to make ourselves better.

Intellect & Humility.

Powerful combination.

Â