Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I love it. Unai is talking to Digne, but there isn't a person on the bench(es) that isn't listening intently to what he has to say, rant or no.

• Like 1

Unai has his odd moments but the important thing is every single person at the club seems to have (correctly) bought into his genius and take it as part of that.

He also seems genuinely classy, unlike certain other top managers with visible eccentricities.

12 hours ago, grantholtgolazo said:

What a strange thing to make up

to be fair, IF someone said something like that, emery is the kinda guy to absolutely scold a player for saying it

not saying that's what happened - but it's not totally implausible

• Like 1

It just hit me today. It’s absolutely astonishing the turnaround under this man. You forget. What he’s achieving almost defies belief from where we were. Heading into March top 4 and genuine CL place contenders whilst still in UECL and having a huge stack of injuries…at the start of the season pundits were picking us for 7th at best

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

It just hit me today. It’s absolutely astonishing the turnaround under this man. You forget. What he’s achieving almost defies belief from where we were. Heading into March top 4 and genuine CL place contenders whilst still in UECL and having a huge stack of injuries…at the start of the season pundits were picking us for 7th at best

We immediately transitioned to top 4 form from his first game. And haven't left it since. From relegation form to top 4 form overnight. 

He's a true miracle worker, although it seems unfair to call it a miracle as it's entirely down to his hard work.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 4

We have scored some of the most brilliant goals I;ve seen from any Villa side this season.  Such things of beauty.  They might look like tap ins at times, but the passing and movement has been a delight to watch.  Hopefully, more to come.  Certainly worth getting the CD of the goals this season lol. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, rodders129 said:

Yeah I still can't quite believe it at times. He came in and immediately turned us into a top 5 quality team for the first time in well over a decade. I thought we'd do well under him but I didn't think it'd be that sudden or sustained. The fact that we're a season and a half into his tenure and the very worst spells under him would've been bang average during the Lambert years says it all.

• Like 3

On 25/02/2024 at 18:25, mjmooney said:

Yeah, what's the Basque for: "FFS, what is it with you **** ing fullbacks?"?  :)

Believing passionately that every question deserves an answer, I put this through Google translate, which came up with

Zoritxarrez, zer gertatzen da atzelari madarikatuekin?

However, when you translate this back into English, it comes out as 

Unfortunately, what about the damn defenders?

So I think we may not quite have got to the meat of this. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 26/02/2024 at 02:59, ozvillafan said:

I love it. Unai is talking to Digne, but there isn't a person on the bench(es) that isn't listening intently to what he has to say, rant or no.

Man management at its best and with the kind of belief from the players that only comes when they are absolutely convinced that who is talking is making complete sense. Something that the previous manager could only dream of. And nobody on the bench felt compelled to look him in the eye but all of them wanted to listen to what the boss said as they knew it was worth listening to! Unai Emery’s claret and blue army!!!! An elite manager and an outstanding person too! Thank you Unai for what you’ve done for our club already and I’m sure what you will do in the future. We’re your club and you’re our manager!!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Man management at its best and with the kind of belief from the players that only comes when they are absolutely convinced that who is talking is making complete sense. Something that the previous manager could only dream of. And nobody on the bench felt compelled to look him in the eye but all of them wanted to listen to what the boss said as they knew it was worth listening to! Unai Emery’s claret and blue army!!!! An elite manager and an outstanding person too! Thank you Unai for what you’ve done for our club already and I’m sure what you will do in the future. We’re your club and you’re our manager!!!!!

Ditto.

When you manage to win as many games as he does.....They follow, like the pied piper.

All the top managers, have it......Its command.

When doubt creeps in, lesser managers find it hard to turn around.....Unai Emery, is so in control of his own mandate, no one questions his authority, amongst his playing staff.

He talks, everyone listens.......... He leads, everyone follows........He demands, everyone delivers..

It's so very hard to get to this point, that's why very few managers can do it...you can count them on one hand.

Us Villa fans have seen this very rarely in our supporting history.

We are blessed to have him.

Â