Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Can't believe this was on the second page.

We're having our best season in decades and it's just all routine now thanks to Unai.

Second page!? Okay who do I hunt down like a dog for allowing this?!

• Like 1

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Second page!? Okay who do I hunt down like a dog for allowing this?!

Ridiculous I know!

I was serious though that I do think part of it is down to how good Emery is because we're all so used to it now. Shit managers or average managers definitely generate more discussion.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

1 point off Tottenham with a better goal difference. But they will continue to go on how great big Ange is. Emery is the man, an everyone need to start realising it!

giphy.gif

Let them keep talking about Ange - let’s keep our genius tactician under everyone’s radar and well ensconced in B6

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

Ridiculous I know!

I was serious though that I do think part of it is down to how good Emery is because we're all so used to it now. Shit managers or average managers definitely generate more discussion.

Guess there’s only so many times it can be said in various ways “that was good, I approve”.

Emery currently on 492 pages (joined us 24th October 2022, so a year and a bit now).

Comparative pages after 1 year of thread being opened -

Smith thread 692 pages

Bruce thread 1125 pages

Gerrard thread 1254 pages (not quite 1 year in charge)

I think the difference in page numbers generated for a thread gives a fairly good indication to the validity of not so good results leading to more discussion and subsequently how each of those managers are (and were) perceived.

And just for those who want to wistfully think “Ah what could have been…”

Sherwood 850 pages after 8 months

Di Matteo 209 pages after 4 months 

• Like 3

Â