Unai Emery

PeterSw

3 hours ago, YLN said:

Who is that Wolves coach who tries to slap Unai on the back as he walks away? I have to assume that qualifies as treason.

Get the boys. Prepare the gallows

Shaun Derry. He's a failed lower-league manager.

Emery had his hand out, O'Neil saw it and decided to have a pop at the 4th official instead of shaking it, Emery walked away rather than hang around waiting, and Derry just wanted to start a fight because that is all his primitive brain is capable of creating.

It's a nothing burger, Emery has class, O'Neil and Derry are without class, and nothing new was learned.

• Like 4

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been an excellent start to the season. I'm impressed with how the team have done as a whole especially given the injuries to 4 of last seasons key starting players. Emery implementing a new layer of attack is also very pleasing to see. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

On 08/10/2023 at 16:58, Rightdm00 said:

Wolves manager just admitted Unai refused to play the way they wanted. Wanted us to come out and press and catch us on the break. Unai set us up to mitigate their counter which also neutered our attacking intent. Draw probably the fair result. 

How unaccomodating of him...Unai is so stubborn, in not helping the opposition win.

Bless them.

• Like 1

Villareal have fallen to pieces since he left . 8 points from a possible 27 this season. In 16th . They lost Pau Chukweze Jackson and Danjuma and only brought in free transfers and Sorloth for 10 mill euros.

Shows how lucky we are .  He took that club to a European final and a semi final

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Villareal have fallen to pieces since he left . 8 points from a possible 27 this season. In 16th . They lost Pau Chukweze Jackson and Danjuma and only brought in free transfers and Sorloth for 10 mill euros.

Shows how lucky we are .  He took that club to a European final and a semi final

Places must feel so dead when Unai's energy departs!

7 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Ooh… maybe we could take a few players off their hands and reunite Unai with some of them… Pino, Baena, Foyth?

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Had a dream where I was just browsing VT (riveting dream I know) and was in Other Football and saw the Unai Emery thread in there. I swear I damn near cried. That shit woke me up immediately :lol: . He's our best and probably only chance of doing anything meaningful in the near future. We need to keep hold of him at all costs.

Don’t even dream that shit!! 

On 07/10/2023 at 14:53, mjmooney said:

In today's Guardian, Jurgen Klopp says that Brighton are 'the best coached team in the Premier League'. Er, that'll be DeZerbi's Brighton, who just got schooled 6-1 by Emery's Villa. Want to have another think, Jurgen? 

His next guess would be Liverpool, shoestring budget and all that

14 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

This is my worry with the day emery leaves us. He is our pep, ans liverpools klopp. Need to enjoy it and keep him as long as possible

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This is my worry with the day emery leaves us. He is our pep, ans liverpools klopp. Need to enjoy it and keep him as long as possible

He has managed PSG and Arsenal.

They both disrespected him.

Hopefully he feels done with these types of jobs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

He has managed PSG and Arsenal.

They both disrespected him.

Hopefully he feels done with these types of jobs.

He has said that the challenge of managing a Madrid or Barca in Spain is one hes not yet done. I can see him wanting to take on one of those and prove himself at the top in Spain.

But first he'll want to prove  himself at the top in the PL. Hopefully we give him the opportunity to do that and he successfully delivers.

On 11/10/2023 at 07:14, MrBlack said:

He has said that the challenge of managing a Madrid or Barca in Spain is one hes not yet done. I can see him wanting to take on one of those and prove himself at the top in Spain.

But first he'll want to prove  himself at the top in the PL. Hopefully we give him the opportunity to do that and he successfully delivers.

In a few years we will beat Real Madrid and/or Barcelona in the CL and he won't need to go there to prove anything.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TomC said:

In a few years we will beat Real Madrid and/or Barcelona in the CL and he won't need to go there to prove anything.

I'd take that.

It's a bit surreal having the concern that your manager might be poached.

Honestly can't recall what this feels like, or if I've ever even felt it.  Didn't strike me as a fear during the relatively "successful" MO'N years.  Nor before that with Gregory, Little or Atkinson.

I think he's with us until he feels he's achieved all he can, so not really a concern, and it's definitely better than wanting the manager sacked!

• Like 2

On 13/10/2023 at 09:28, MrBlack said:

I'd take that.

It's a bit surreal having the concern that your manager might be poached.

Honestly can't recall what this feels like, or if I've ever even felt it.  Didn't strike me as a fear during the relatively "successful" MO'N years.  Nor before that with Gregory, Little or Atkinson.

I think he's with us until he feels he's achieved all he can, so not really a concern, and it's definitely better than wanting the manager sacked!

I see you’ve already blocked out the bizarre “Gerrard is using Villa as a stepping stone to get the Liverpool job after Klopp” chat.

53 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I wonder how many full 90 minute matches Master Unai has watched since we last played? 

Twelve hundrety gazillion, I expect. 

Have you ever seen Queen's Gambit? Unai is like that. Lies in bed at night and games play out on his ceiling.

Â