Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There aren't too many fixtures more difficult than this one. Disappointed we didn't score, but goals came from our mistakes, so stuff to improve on. Unai knows this and will make improvements for the next one. 

Edited by Dale

Liverpool away is not a stick to beat Unai with.

But the performance was concerning, more down to individuals not performing well I'd say.

On the bright side, beat Palace at home and we are on 1.8 ppg. That takes us to 68 points for the season. That's possibly CL football. 

The season isn't over (to those most concerned). 

A rare time when an international break actually came good for us. 

After the hectic schedule of injuries, qualifying, and 3 away games - Unai and the coaches will have time to review and plan for our next run or games. 

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

We don't have to question UE for that performance

He'll be doing that himself over the next 2 weeks.

We all know, and he knows, things wasn't right.

This…

Stupidity and overreaction to the loss on here today is something else.

We don’t need to change everything because of Liverpool or Newcastle games. Unai has it.

He needed to improve the way we play football, he needed to improve our housekeeping of the ball.....our first touch a few season ago was substandard, that has improved significantly.....we have improved so many things under Unai.....but that 10% remark was said for a reason.

Defensively we still have a way to go.....and that is talking about the team, not just the back line.

you can't change as much as we needed changing in short space of time....He will be looking now at the next phase.

If we can finish anywhere near where we finished last season, in the Prem, I will be pleased, but we do need to ignite our last seasons resilience and get back to being hard to play against,

We can't keep thinking we can out gun teams.

Arguably 1-0 makes more statements than any other scoreline.....because it shows the ability to be resillient and contain teams to win games.

In his own admission, he has only completed 10% of his work.......He don't need telling about Sundays performance.....he's probably already on it.

12 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Emery has always gotten it right and been successful in the jobs where he's been given time.

Only time he wasn't given time was Arsenal. Let us not be Arsenal.

And weren't Arse in sixth place when he left, too? If that's "unsuccessful," I'll take it lol. But I totally agree with you. He's the right manager at the right time for us, too. Unfortunately, I also think he's a manager whose skills and approach do expose some of our PL mid-table weaknesses in terms of personnel depth. But that's not his fault, and I'd rather have a manager who is overqualified than one underqualified, any day.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

the most enjoyable thing about having a manager as good as Emery is witnessing them solve problems and figure things out

we are going through that right now as we did when we went through a difficult patch last season

a lot of new players to bed in which along with injuries to key starters has meant that our baseline confidence in our structure has taken a hit - many players for has dropped to a lack of security in what the team as a whole is doing

i look forward to seeing how Emery solves this puzzle

• 2 weeks later...
Â