Unai Emery

PeterSw

10 hours ago, ejs1111 said:

I'm hoping that UE can be Villa's version of Arsene Wenger or Sir Alex.  Change the team culture permanently and stay at the club as our coach/manager for 10+ years.  I feel he could win us 3-5 trophies in 10 years between Europe and the cups.

Unai already feels like he will he up there as one of the most important figures in our history. All we need to do that is to keep on moving forward and never stagnating. Lots of people are still sleeping on how good he is . 

• Like 2

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Chindie said:

In fairness you could put a duck in charge at Bayern and they'd dominate for the next generation and beyond. Germany is basically Bayern and a supporting cast of other teams putting an extended pre-show on for the Munich victory parade every year.

MALLARD OUT

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I'd much rather him be more like pep. Where instead of instantly collapsing after he leaves, he leaves us with the infrastructure and institutional knowledge to continue a dominant run for a decade after like pep did with barca and Bayern. 

Yeah, those teams were really struggling till Pep rocked up..... FML

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Remember when other fans and pundits laughed at Sir Alex’s comments following our Newcastle defeat? He wasn’t wrong though and Unai again proves how one defeat doesn’t define you 

In fairness, even in thought Sir Alex had lost his marbles on that.

However, in hindsight, he was probably looking at elements, patterns of play and factors us layman's weren't.

OBS was hard to see beyond all the catastrophe of the day as a fan.

• Like 1

He's just the best. 

I love it when he's asked a question and you can tell it gets lost in translation and he talks about something similar but at the same time, nothing about what was asked. 

The interviewers let him talk and seem to appreciate the effort he puts in regardless and move on respectfully. 

He really is fantastic. 

I just love him. He's just a lovely person on top of being an elite coach. I don't know why coaches nowadays think they need to be assholes to succeed or to project some sort of gravitas to their players. Whenever Unai speaks, everyone listens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of the many things that I love about Unai, is that he makes decisions based upon the long term benefits of the club. We have had so many charlatans managing our club who are only concerned with the short term, safe in the knowledge that they probably won’t be around for long. 
Unai is different. He will make solid decisions based upon what’s best for the short, medium and long term. It means that we can be opportunistic and dynamic whenever a transfer window opens. It also means that when/if he leaves, the new manager will be working from a very solid base.

Unai is a legend already. This has been a brilliant window for us in every way. We can now sit back and enjoy the football until January. Lovely stuff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â