Unai Emery

PeterSw

58 minutes ago, birdman said:

I would think some goals are more satisfying for him if they've been scored by executing his instructions or some element that they have focused on in training. He's such a technical guy. I love it!

Yeah, this wouldn't surprise me. Probably why he celebrated the first goal the hardest.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

He always celebrates first goal more than the rest. 

The first goal wins 65% of the time and draws the other 15% of the time so he might be onto something...

• Like 2

Something I noticed watching Emery cam from this weeks game, he seems to be less animated and 'kicking every ball' as it were. Also seems to be barking his orders a lot less. Evident to me that his philosophy has been soaked up by the team, certainly the regulars anyway, and he can trust them to do the job he wants. Compare it to the early games of his reign, he was literally pointing players into position and directing every pass. Good stuff to see

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Wonder what his thoughts were during Duran's goal.

"Don't celebrate, it's an embarrassing goal to concede."

Or

"All those long hours and preparation and they just throw us a goal."

Not sure why but there are certainly some goals he celebrates more than others. There were even some winners where he continued assessing and planning but other goals he definitively celebrates.

You could picture Klopp or Arteta sprinting up and down the sideline celebrating that goal. Fortunately, Unai has a bit of class and manners. 

1 hour ago, tinker said:

This guy is a dream for any club he graces with his presence. 

Can't  disagree. He will make mistakes,  and we will have. ad patches. But aside from being an outstanding coach, he's got such class and heart. I actually  love him. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

As a former resident of Leith Walk, I can sympathise with Unai’s struggle to understand his interviewer from BBC Scotland:

E78F0222-FB0C-426F-8193-AC02761E06B4.jpeg

McGinn is standing off camera as a translator 

• Haha 2

Unai playing the first team away with enough time to play Burnley but then playing the kids/reserve side at home so that the first team is rested for Liverpool.

Mastermind or happy coincidence?

3 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Unai playing the first team away with enough time to play Burnley but then playing the kids/reserve side at home so that the first team is rested for Liverpool.

Mastermind or happy coincidence?

I think he was particularly happy to see today's games got moved a day earlier. 

With Newcastle game. We were at 1.7xG t0 2.2xG in the 75th min of Newcastle game. We'd conceded early away from home, given away a poor goal with an error from Konsa and lost our rock CB to a bad injury. We had 50% possession and missed chances where they took theirs. Our level dropped after Cash missed a sitter and they then scored. 

Emery said he was not happy with the levels in the final part of 2nd half. But Ferguson was right, we did a lot good in that game. It ended 5-1 to them but xG was 3.3 to 1.8 tells more of a story. 

• Like 3

Â